The Student Room Group

How do I stop getting distracted during my GCSE revision?

It is getting extremely annoying because whenever I try to study after a short period of time, I find myself doing other things like watching anime, reading manga, gaming, watching YouTube etc. I am currently trying to study during the summer holidays but it hasn't been working recently. What should I do?
Put your distractions away. Put your phone etc in another room or even if thats not enough give it to someone else to keep hold of until you've got some stuff done
Original post by jelly56
It is getting extremely annoying because whenever I try to study after a short period of time, I find myself doing other things like watching anime, reading manga, gaming, watching YouTube etc. I am currently trying to study during the summer holidays but it hasn't been working recently. What should I do?

go to the library. Dont take headphones and sit in the quiet study area. Hell if it can be done, dont even bring a laptop etc.
Original post by jelly56

If you have a short attention span, then you should try using the Pomodoro technique.

https://todoist.com/productivity-methods/pomodoro-technique
Original post by jelly56

Hi @jelly56,

Put yourself in an environment away from distractions - e.g. away from laptop, tv etc. If it's not there then you can't use it to procrastinate! I'd also recommend downloading the app Forest as a way of keeping you from being distracted by your phone. The app basically has a timer and during that time it plants a virtual tree. If you exit the app during the timer, it tells you off and the virtual tree dies! I find this is a really good visual representation of how long I've been focused for, and has really helped me stay on track with work :smile:

Lucy
Reply 5
Original post by jelly56

I made a post about an app to solve this problem! Check it out https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359108

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending