Dress code question at London Academy of Excellence Tottenham

Watch
AimPerfectly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am going to London Academy of Excellence Tottenham (LAET) in September and I was wondering if this suit that I have bought will be fine to wear? On the dresscode sheet they emailed to me it states that the suit has to be plain but this is the only 70%+ cotton suit I have found (but unforfunately has a checked pattern) and I cannot wear polyester or wool as it irritates my skin. The picture of the blazer and trousers are shown in the attachments below. If anyone from LAE can help me with this it will be much appretiated.
Attached files
AimPerfectly
Rep:
?
bump
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could email the school to double check.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say if it says plain, then it means plain and not checked/patterned like that.
But as above, email and check if you’d like.
yasuslittlewh0re
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AimPerfectly)
I am going to London Academy of Excellence Tottenham (LAET) in September and I was wondering if this suit that I have bought will be fine to wear? On the dresscode sheet they emailed to me it states that the suit has to be plain but this is the only 70%+ cotton suit I have found (but unforfunately has a checked pattern) and I cannot wear polyester or wool as it irritates my skin. The picture of the blazer and trousers are shown in the attachments below. If anyone from LAE can help me with this it will be much appretiated.
Hi! I am going LAET in September as well and I was wondering how you got the dress code sheet? Did you email them or did they send it out bc I didn’t get anything 😭
AimPerfectly
Rep:
?
Hi, yes I had emailed them with a question about the uniform and they had sent me it. I will gladly attach it for you below. However, I wouldn't completely judge what to wear based on this dress code sheet. It's much more strict than it really is. I emailed LAET about my uniform and although it had a check design, it was completely fine even though in the dress code sheet it says plain only. Furthermore, I have learnt they are also completely fine with light grey blazers even though they said dark colours only in the dress code sheet. So yeah, I wouldn't completely rely on it. If you have a question, preferably a picture, if you email [email protected] they will tell you whether it's okay to wear it or not. I can see from your profile that you're a girl so your dress code isn't nearly as strict as for me as far as I've heard so you don't have to worry too much. There's also a lot of posts on TSR about female dress code at LAET. Hopefully this helped and hope to meet you at LAET!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads