Should I be married before age 25.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm 22 now and debating whether I should get married and live with someone before the age of 25. 25 is really young, but I feel like I am capable of living with someone and starting a life. My family are quite dysfunctional.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Entirely your own decision
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Entirely your own decision
Honestly I don't know because you can't rush things in life. I wasn't ready to go to university before 20 and I'm concerned that even though I want to get married in the next three years that I might not cope with it even though I am perfectly capable of going to university.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you in a relationship with someone?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm 22 now and debating whether I should get married and live with someone before the age of 25. 25 is really young, but I feel like I am capable of living with someone and starting a life. My family are quite dysfunctional.
Yeah, better to get the marriage out of the way. Most marriages fail and end in divorce, so ideally you wanna get married as soon as possibly, then likely divorce within the same year. After that you should be free to live your life without any family pressure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Are you in a relationship with someone?
Yeah I am but he's from America
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah, better to get the marriage out of the way. Most marriages fail and end in divorce, so ideally you wanna get married as soon as possibly, then likely divorce within the same year. After that you should be free to live your life without any family pressure.
Actually it is less likely to fail if both parties have a bachelor's degree or higher etc
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Actually it is less likely to fail if both parties have a bachelor's degree or higher etc
Lol, that was funny. :lol:
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2 months ago
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes.

Suggested timeline:
Marriage - 25
5/6 children - 26 - 35

Good luck
Anonymous #1
Lol, that was funny. :lol:
You are right in saying some fail though, it's a bit much.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Yes.

Suggested timeline:
Marriage - 25
5/6 children - 26 - 35

Good luck
5/6 children???
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
no need to get married. it’s just a piece of paper. life doesn’t suddenly change when u get married. save your money to go travelling and see the world. a wedding is a waste of money
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
If you believe that you have found the right person who shares your ambitions & lifestyle, both feel ready to commit to marriage and are able to afford the costs of both a wedding & starting life as a married couple- it's fine.

Many of my friends got married as teenagers or in their early 20s.
Plenty of other friends over 25 are still hoping to meet a compatible spouse or have decided that marriage is not a suitable option for them.
Good luck!
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
5/6 children???
Up to you. Some women want small families and others want large families.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Up to you. Some women want small families and others want large families.
Yeah definitely not that many kids though.
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Most marriages do not fail and end in divorce? What's the point of marrying to then just divorce later on in the year?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hazzz01)
Most marriages do not fail and end in divorce? What's the point of marrying to then just divorce later on in the year?
If it makes you feel better to believe that, then fair enough. You do you.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2 months ago
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If it makes you feel better to believe that, then fair enough. You do you.
No, I can understand the idea of marriage declining now as society's becoming more and more secular. Marriages do fail, yes, but there's so many that do work out. Some get divorced and then re-marry and establish healthy relationships.
Wired_1800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah definitely not that many kids though.
That’s fair
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no need to get married. it’s just a piece of paper. life doesn’t suddenly change when u get married. save your money to go travelling and see the world. a wedding is a waste of money

There are benefits of getting married.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads