driving test this week at 8.10am

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
any tips for not failing the driving test/things to expect during an 8.10am test time?
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds obvious (and also to an extent out of our control) but relax.

Biggest mistakes I made was overanalysing everything and stressing out...

Good luck!
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
any tips for not failing the driving test/things to expect during an 8.10am test time?
Best tip = don't make any mistakes. :wizard:
Jimmy_The_One
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My biggest tip would be to bear this in mind...
If you mess up on the test what's the worst that can happen? You fail your test.
If you mess up after you passed your test and it's just you alone in the car? You could potentially kill someone.

Try not to overthink it. They're just looking to see you're a safe driver. Think of it more as a showcase for your skills than a test.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Concentrate hard, anticipate the actions of others. If it’s an unban area I guess it could be busier with commuters. To be honest it doesn’t make that much difference, just apply the skills you’ve learnt. Good luck
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Go bed early obviously
No alcohol on the night before
Practice with your instructor before
See where your week points are and improve them
Stay positive
Try to aim for no minors
Practice show me tell me questions
Watch videos on YouTube
Try to treat it like a normal lesson
Maby
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't over think, if u have a nice examiner try making conversation with them as it puts u at ease and reduces the chance of making a silly mistake. As its early in the morning it shouldn't be too much traffic (atleast mine at that time wasn't) so just make sure you still do your checks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jimmy_The_One)
My biggest tip would be to bear this in mind...
If you mess up on the test what's the worst that can happen? You fail your test.
If you mess up after you passed your test and it's just you alone in the car? You could potentially kill someone.

Try not to overthink it. They're just looking to see you're a safe driver. Think of it more as a showcase for your skills than a test.
great advice!!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
great advice!!
Is this your first time mate?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
Concentrate hard, anticipate the actions of others. If it’s an unban area I guess it could be busier with commuters. To be honest it doesn’t make that much difference, just apply the skills you’ve learnt. Good luck
thank you!
Anonymous #1
Is this your first time mate?
yep
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
yep
When is the test?
Anonymous #1
When is the test?
wednesday
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
wednesday
You'll pass
Anonymous #1
You'll pass
thanks luv <33 i hope so hahah
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
thanks luv <33 i hope so hahah
What car are you getting
Lshort17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My tip is, if you go the wrong way dont worry, carry on safely. I flipped and thought i failed as i took the wrong exit, i got nervous but passed anyway.

Id also suggest getting a lesson beforehand say the day before due to your time frame. Just familiarise yourself. Go on several practice routes. I did a lesson an hour before the test which massively helped. Another good thing was the main road which was on all but 2 routes was closed so i could pretty much guess the route. I also had loads of traffic (a horse and cart funeral convoy)

Lastly good luck youve got this!!
Last edited by Lshort17; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
What car are you getting
already got my car, it's a toyota aygo
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lshort17)
My tip is, if you go the wrong way dont worry, carry on safely. I flipped and thought i failed as i took the wrong exit, i got nervous but passed anyway.

Id also suggest getting a lesson beforehand say the day before due to your time frame. Just familiarise yourself. Go on several practice routes. I did a lesson an hour before the test which massively helped. Another good thing was the main road which was on all but 2 routes was closed so i could pretty much guess the route. I also had loads of traffic (a horse and cart funeral convoy)

Lastly good luck youve got this!!
thank you soo much! as my test time is normally quite busy due to the work/school rush (although by my test date schools will be shut) i'm hoping they will avoid taking me on the main roads and just stick to the quieter ones hahaa - but we will have to see!
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drive safely with competent control of the vehicle and you will be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads