Turn on thread page Beta

Help: Shy + eye contact, should i risk it? Advice please watch

ReputationRep:
    I had eye contact with this gorgeous girl the other day. In reality we maintained eye contact for 2 or 3 seconds, but in my mind it seemed like 20 seconds or more. I had a strange feeling inside me and she is frequently in my mind even though I haven't even exchanged one word with her.

I have seen her from a distance 2 or 3 times again, but I haven't had the guts to talk to her or even try to have eye contact. I don't want to make a fool out of myself, especially with my mates.

I would like to talk to her.
    How can I know if she gave me a look or 'the look'?

I am a shy guy at first, although when I get to know girls very well (for example my girl mates) I am really outgoing with them and they become very good friends.
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her!
    the shyness will probably seem cute :P

Eye contact is good, I always force myself to maintain it, and it's good for making sure she knows you can be trusted. Plus, if you have 'nice eyes,' she'll probably like you more (according to some sources...).

ReputationRep:
    Oh please...

Eye contact ....

What's next?

"This girl walked past me, but how do I know if she just walked past me, or 'walked past me', sigh..."

1.) Get her off that ****ing pedestal

2.) Stop thinking of her as "this gorgeous girl" and start thinking of her as an average, ordinary human being.

3.) Grow some balls and talk to her, while not caring whether she gave you 'a look' or 'the look'.

ReputationRep:
    Say 'hello' to her to gauge her reaction. If she looks at you like you're a piece of crap then the attraction probably isn't mutual. If she's receptive to talking to you though, then you're probably in with a chance. Let the conversation develop from there. If you're going to ask her questions, ask open ended ones and not closed ones which only require a yes or no answer because then that can lead to awkward silences.

ReputationRep:
    **** i hope you wore protection

I had this too the other day... but it's a way different story:

The first day of my first year in University, we had this laptop configuration thing in the gym. That's the day I met her and talked to her for a minute, because she spoke the same language as I do. Until now, I haven't spoken to her...

I had so many chances to talk to her, but I always have this weird feeling that I'm going to mess up... and usually there are other guys nearby and talking to her would show clearly that I'm interested in this girl. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that she hangs around with some other guy ALL THE TIME... so I'm suspicious whether he asked her out... However, last week there was an occasion where I was just standing around with friends and THEN. I saw her in front of me staring into my eyes... that moment I was staring in her eyes too... and it seemed like 30 seconds indeed. But she had no clear expression in her face! So I really have no idea what's going on @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Wow, practically sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    1.) Get her off that ****ing pedestal

2.) Stop thinking of her as "this gorgeous girl" and start thinking of her as an average, ordinary human being.

3.) Grow some balls and talk to her, while not caring whether she gave you 'a look' or 'the look'.
    Your sig is so ****** good man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMAXin)
    sh!t i hope you wore protection
    lmao
    Pretty crazy stuff!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.