Upper 2:1 first year law result and vacation scheme chances.

Watch
Aditya_02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got my first year law results from King's College London yesterday: Criminal 67%, EU 67%, Contract 66% and Public 64%. Seeing that most vacation schemes are highly competitive and have minimum requirements of a 2:1, do my results hold me back from getting accepted because I only meet the minimum criteria and don't have a 1:1?
Gmaster1980
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Just apply.
coffeeneeded27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not in the slightest. These are better than my first-year results and I did fine with mine at US and MC firms Back yourself and go for it!
Aditya_02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
No. Just apply.
Thank you for your response.
Aditya_02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
No. Just apply.
Thank you for your response.

(Original post by coffeeneeded27)
Not in the slightest. These are better than my first-year results and I did fine with mine at US and MC firms Back yourself and go for it!
thank you for the reassurance.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aditya_02)
I got my first year law results from King's College London yesterday: Criminal 67%, EU 67%, Contract 66% and Public 64%. Seeing that most vacation schemes are highly competitive and have minimum requirements of a 2:1, do my results hold me back from getting accepted because I only meet the minimum criteria and don't have a 1:1?
Hi Aditya

You should absolutely apply! You have met the minimum criteria so show them what else you have besides academics- have you got experience problem solving (maybe you were part of a Scouts group for example) or are you good at writing (perhaps you have written blogs or entered competitions or are you a good team player (perhaps you have had a summer job)? There are lots of skills sought after that can be demonstrated in addition to academics so show the schemes what other things you bring to them too.

Hope that helps!

Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
Aditya_02
Rep:
?
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi Aditya

You should absolutely apply! You have met the minimum criteria so show them what else you have besides academics- have you got experience problem solving (maybe you were part of a Scouts group for example) or are you good at writing (perhaps you have written blogs or entered competitions or are you a good team player (perhaps you have had a summer job)? There are lots of skills sought after that can be demonstrated in addition to academics so show the schemes what other things you bring to them too.

Hope that helps!

Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
thank you for the advice, much appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads