The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford Law Applicant Thread for 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ray_gxx
god how do you find out if ur on hold?? haven't received anything from notts yet :frown:

you'll find out if you don't get an offer when you see more and more people getting offers
Original post by ray_gxx
god how do you find out if ur on hold?? haven't received anything from notts yet :frown:

I'd assume they'd still notify you - there are quite a few people from Bristol saying they've been put on hold so I'm sure it's a similar process - not sure if this comes on ucas though. Also I literally just heard from them yesterday evening, so I wouldn't be concerned!
Hi!!
I truly messed up my lnat essay section so will not be getting interview from Ox :frown:.

V concerned that LNAT isn’t going to be linked to ucas because Bristol said on their applicants dashboard to input lnat id etc, should I email Ox with these details to confirm they can access them?

Also got an offer from Manchester last week !! They didn’t send me a confirmation email to say application acknowledgment that I remember just ‘track has been updated’.
Original post by Carly Aphelion
Hi!!
I truly messed up my lnat essay section so will not be getting interview from Ox :frown:.

V concerned that LNAT isn’t going to be linked to ucas because Bristol said on their applicants dashboard to input lnat id etc, should I email Ox with these details to confirm they can access them?

Also got an offer from Manchester last week !! They didn’t send me a confirmation email to say application acknowledgment that I remember just ‘track has been updated’.

Hey! When did you submit your application? Curious about how long Manchester takes, although I'm hoping it'll be fast since it's non-LNAT
Hi!!

Why do you think you messed up the essay section?
Hi!!

Just check that they’re correct on the LNAT website you can check under additional information. I only realised I had the wrong personal ID there on Tuesday because they changed mine back to the one I had last year.
Guys is it even possible to finish the lnat essay within 40 mins and have it written out decently
Original post by ray_gxx
anyone got any offers yet???

Southampton and Cardiff.
Has QMUL started giving out law offers?
Original post by Sophxxxdd
Guys is it even possible to finish the lnat essay within 40 mins and have it written out decently

Yes. You will become more efficient as you continue to practise. The allotted time should be more than enough time to both plan and write. You can also work on improving your typing speed (and accuracy) if writing the essay within forty minutes is challenging.
Original post by lorna2022
I have for Birmingham, Cardiff and Nottingham - quite glad about notts because they said they generally put people on hold if they have a bad lnat score and accept people with a decent lnat score and good predicted grades, so it's put my mind at ease a little knowing I didn't completely flunk it - idk if it's ox standard tho. I heard quite quickly from them tbf but I don't want it to get to a point where I've received all my decisions and I'm just waiting for oxford...

Well done on your offers! For Nottingham what grades did they want - I have seen on the website it’s AAA but I was wondering if they gave lower ones?
Original post by acb2717
Well done on your offers! For Nottingham what grades did they want - I have seen on the website it’s AAA but I was wondering if they gave lower ones?

My offer was AAA - they may be giving some people lower but I'd imagine most people are given AAA as they're the official entry requirements
Original post by ziggy_1999
Hey! When did you submit your application? Curious about how long Manchester takes, although I'm hoping it'll be fast since it's non-LNAT

They started assessing applications last Monday. I sent it off maybe the Saturday before so pretty quick?

Original post by TheClaimsGuys
Why do you think you messed up the essay section?

Tried to take a smart viewpoint but the contradictory nature of my argument genuinely sucked and made no sense. Didn't check it over; points weren't thought out well; lack of explanation hmmMm sad daysss

Original post by TheClaimsGuys
Just check that they’re correct on the LNAT website you can check under additional information. I only realised I had the wrong personal ID there on Tuesday because they changed mine back to the one I had last year.

Yeah, I thought it was OK but then Bristol on their applicants dashboard say:

'We are assessing your application to study at the University of Bristol Law School but we have not yet received the results of your Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT). We are able to access missing scores by downloading them from the LNAT website if we have your LNAT ID number. Please provide this below, along with the date that you took the test.'

So I am quite concerned none of them have it ://
They started assessing applications last Monday. I sent it off maybe the Saturday before so pretty quick?

Tried to take a smart viewpoint but the contradictory nature of my argument genuinely sucked and made no sense. Didn't check it over; points weren't thought out well; lack of explanation hmmMm sad daysss

Yeah, I thought it was OK but then Bristol on their applicants dashboard say:

'We are assessing your application to study at the University of Bristol Law School but we have not yet received the results of your Law National Aptitude Test (LNAT). We are able to access missing scores by downloading them from the LNAT website if we have your LNAT ID number. Please provide this below, along with the date that you took the test.'

So I am quite concerned none of them have it ://

Pretty sure that email is automated because I received it after I put my ID into the applicant portal. Also it depends on when you got the email as they could only access them from the 21st onwards, so if you got the email before this that may be why

Wow that is fast. Ok, hoping I hear from them this week lol
I received an email from LSE and UCL about a confirmation of reference and predictive grades from my referee's institutional email ID, as the personal email ID had been used by mistake. I haven't received any emails for the same from KCL, Manchester or Oxford. Should I email them myself about this or is it alright?
Reply 636
Original post by AOWLx918
Hey! I am in a very similar position as you. I take the IB and received a 44 as predicted and my class were HL Eng LangLit, HL History, HL Econ, SL Math AI, SL Biology, SL Chinese B
I am also applying to KCL, UCL, LSE, and QMUL. as for Oxford I applied to Lady Margaret Hall for Law. I don't think I did pretty well on the MCQs for the LNAT, how about you?

Hey there! Wow we share so many similar IB subjects haha
I don't think I did well on the LNAT, especially the essay part, so after contemplating for a while and comparing the course structure between Oxford and Cambridge, I decided to apply to Cambridge instead
I'm honestly not sure how I did for the MCQ, I find that sometimes I think I did bad during the practice tests, I end up doing a lot better than I expected, or sometimes I'm pretty confident but the actual score on the practice test is pretty low - so don't worry too much!
Original post by the.night.we.met
I received an email from LSE and UCL about a confirmation of reference and predictive grades from my referee's institutional email ID, as the personal email ID had been used by mistake. I haven't received any emails for the same from KCL, Manchester or Oxford. Should I email them myself about this or is it alright?

My referee does not have an institutional email address. What can I do? Someone please help. I had applied last year so I’m certain that Oxford, Bristol and Manchester don’t require it. My other Unis are UCL and KCL.
Original post by Orenda22
My referee does not have an institutional email address. What can I do? Someone please help. I had applied last year so I’m certain that Oxford, Bristol and Manchester don’t require it. My other Unis are UCL and KCL.

Contact your referee ASAP!! They had sent the email to my referee and the deadline they gave me was 25th of October for a confirmation.
Any offers from Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending