The Student Room Group

Change of Status Event Application

Hi, I’m an EU citizen who has been resident in the uk since 2015 and I started my degree in Sept 2019. I wasn’t eligible for maintenance back then, but with the new EUSS regulations, I found out I am eligible for an event for the next academics year. I went to apply with my Settled Status (granted to me in 2019) and the 21/22 PN1 form, but this morning I got an email saying that I had to send in a PN1 form for the 20/21 academic year based on my residency which is weird because I wasn’t eligible to get maintenance till the new regulations came in just this year. Could you please advise as to why I may have received that email?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by gli_astri
Hi, I’m an EU citizen who has been resident in the uk since 2015 and I started my degree in Sept 2019. I wasn’t eligible for maintenance back then, but with the new EUSS regulations, I found out I am eligible for an event for the next academics year. I went to apply with my Settled Status (granted to me in 2019) and the 21/22 PN1 form, but this morning I got an email saying that I had to send in a PN1 form for the 20/21 academic year based on my residency which is weird because I wasn’t eligible to get maintenance till the new regulations came in just this year. Could you please advise as to why I may have received that email?

Hi, as you received full (not pre) settled status in 2019. You are fully eligible for home student funding in the 20/21 academic year.

You should send in the 20/21 PN1 SFE form and the Maintenance Loan can be backdated to you (if you want it).
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, as you received full (not pre) settled status in 2019. You are fully eligible for home student funding in the 20/21 academic year.

You should send in the 20/21 PN1 SFE form and the Maintenance Loan can be backdated to you (if you want it).
Thanks, Isaac

Hi, I actually didn’t want Maintenance for the 2020/21 academic year and I was fine with my EU Tuition Loan on its own but it was cancelled and I don’t know how I can get it back… I currently owe my university tuition money since it was cancelled. I only wanted to apply for maintenance starting from the 21/22 academic year
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, I actually didn’t want Maintenance for the 2020/21 academic year and I was fine with my EU Tuition Loan on its own but it was cancelled and I don’t know how I can get it back… I currently owe my university tuition money since it was cancelled. I only wanted to apply for maintenance starting from new year

They shouldn't of cancelled this unless you wanted to be transferred to SFE.

I recommend you to call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter and myself or a colleague can review your account to see what has happened.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4

I recommend you to call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter and myself or a colleague can review your account to see what has happened.
Thanks, Isaac

I only wanted maintenance from next year so yeah I don’t know why it was cancelled either. SFE on the phone kept telling me it was necessary to cancel it to process my PN1 form. In any case, I sent a message on facebook messenger a couple hours ago!
Reply 5

Thanks, Isaac

I sent another message while also linking this discussion on facebook messenger so that it can be backtracked to me
I sent another message while also linking this discussion on facebook messenger so that it can be backtracked to me

Perfect, we are currently responding to messages from 18 hours ago. Myself or a colleague will pick up your message soon :smile:

Thanks, Isaac
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending