Problem with applying

Watch this thread
IvettMaroti
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi. I have a slight problem with reapplying for my part-time tuition fee loan online. I am a continuing part-time student, have pre-settled status, and have been living in the UK since 2019. I had no problem with the application last year. I want to finance my next module with The Open University via a part-time tuition fee loan in the 2021/2022 academic year as well. However, when I log in to my SFE profile and click on the `apply for student finance`, there are two options to choose from, Undergraduate and Postgraduate applications. Under the Undergraduate applications, it states that `There are currently no undergraduate applications available`. I can not even click on it. There are no course lists, anything. I can only go this far in the application. I already contacted my student support team, but they have no answer. I read here somewhere that the issue may be that the university did not refresh its course list. But I can not even find any lists because I was stuck at the start of the process. The university claims that the issue is with the SFE website. And now I have no clue how to proceed. Help would be really appreciated because I cannot handle phone calls too well.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by IvettMaroti)
Hi. I have a slight problem with reapplying for my part-time tuition fee loan online. I am a continuing part-time student, have pre-settled status, and have been living in the UK since 2019. I had no problem with the application last year. I want to finance my next module with The Open University via a part-time tuition fee loan in the 2021/2022 academic year as well. However, when I log in to my SFE profile and click on the `apply for student finance`, there are two options to choose from, Undergraduate and Postgraduate applications. Under the Undergraduate applications, it states that `There are currently no undergraduate applications available`. I can not even click on it. There are no course lists, anything. I can only go this far in the application. I already contacted my student support team, but they have no answer. I read here somewhere that the issue may be that the university did not refresh its course list. But I can not even find any lists because I was stuck at the start of the process. The university claims that the issue is with the SFE website. And now I have no clue how to proceed. Help would be really appreciated because I cannot handle phone calls too well.
Hi, EU Nationals are not able to apply online. Please send in the paper application form.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Thanks, Isaac
IvettMaroti
Rep:
Well, that`s new. Thank you very much.
If I understand correctly, I need to fill in the EU PTLC form as a continuing EU national/student, is it right? Is there anything else that I need to send in? I am eligible for the tuition fee loan only.
One more question. Do I need to send in any evidence of identity or any evidence at all? I doubt it, but it is good to be on the safe side, so I need to ask.
Last edited by IvettMaroti; 9 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Well, that`s new. Thank you very much.
If I understand correctly, I need to fill in the EU PTLC form as a continuing EU national/student, is it right? Is there anything else that I need to send in? I am eligible for the tuition fee loan only.
One more question. Do I need to send in any evidence of identity or any evidence at all? I doubt it, but it is good to be on the safe side, so I need to ask.
Well, that`s new.
EU Nationals have never been able to apply online.

If I understand correctly, I need to fill in the EU PTLC form as a continuing EU national/student, is it right?
Yes

Is there anything else that I need to send in? I am eligible for the tuition fee loan only.
Do I need to send in any evidence of identity or any evidence at all? I doubt it, but it is good to be on the safe side, so I need to ask.
As a continuing student, no.

Thanks, Isaac
IvettMaroti
Rep:
Thank you.
However, I applied online without any problem when I started with the Open Uni in 2020. That is why I am baffled by this situation. I live in the UK, and now I have the pre-settled status as well. I am not arguing, it is just a bit confusing. Thanks for your help.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Thank you.
However, I applied online without any problem when I started with the Open Uni in 2020. That is why I am baffled by this situation. I live in the UK, and now I have the pre-settled status as well. I am not arguing, it is just a bit confusing. Thanks for your help.
However, I applied online without any problem when I started with the Open Uni in 2020
That's impossible for an EU applicant(because our system doesn't have that function, SFE and EU are 2 different systems). Only if you were an SFE applicant.

You could give us a call or message us on Facebook/Twitter and we could review your account.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads