rxrx2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'd like to confirm that I don't qualify as an international student. I've lived in the UK for 9 years and will be getting my PR before I start university in September, and would like to double-check that I'm eligible as a national student and that I don't need to pay international fees. Is there a website I can use to confirm this?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Last edited by rxrx2004; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rxrx2004)
Hi, I'd like to confirm that I don't qualify as an international student. I've lived in the UK for 9 years and will be getting my PR before I start university in September, and would like to double-check that I'm eligible as a national student and that I don't need to pay international fees. Is there a website I can use to confirm this?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Hi, we are a non-profit making government-owned organisation that administers loans and grants to students in colleges and universities in the UK.

We don't decide what the university charge. If the university are not charging you the home fee then you could look for a different university that will charge less.

Thanks, Isaac
rxrx2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, we are a non-profit making government-owned organisation that administers loans and grants to students in colleges and universities in the UK.

We don't decide what the university charge. If the university are not charging you the home fee then you could look for a different university that will charge less.

Thanks, Isaac
??
what im so confused
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
??
what im so confused
Your query was regarding university fees and being classed as an international student, however - we don't make that decision.

Thanks, Isaac
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
??
what im so confused
Universities decide on fee status (and different universities can make different decisions for the same student).

SFE decide if you’re eligible for student loans - which has different criteria to fee status.

Both follow rules set by government.
Ukcisa is an independent body who have all the rules on their website with explanations. Lots of universities have training from ukcisa in how to decide fee status.

Ukcisa has a student help line that is available for a few hours a week. They’re the experts on the rules and the best people to talk to for advice.
rxrx2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Universities decide on fee status (and different universities can make different decisions for the same student).

SFE decide if you’re eligible for student loans - which has different criteria to fee status.

Both follow rules set by government.
Ukcisa is an independent body who have all the rules on their website with explanations. Lots of universities have training from ukcisa in how to decide fee status.

Ukcisa has a student help line that is available for a few hours a week. They’re the experts on the rules and the best people to talk to for advice.
thanks so much!
do you have the UKcisa's number? I think I'll call them up

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Press-enquiries I found this, but that number is only for 'urgent enquiries
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thanks so much!
do you have the UKcisa's number? I think I'll call them up

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Press-enquiries I found this, but that number is only for 'urgent enquiries
The advice line number and opening hours are in the international student section here: https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCI...-us#layer-6404
rxrx2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
The advice line number and opening hours are in the international student section here: https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCI...-us#layer-6404
thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads