Lovemylife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I am really scared I need help , so I received my as results which was a BCD In bio chem and psychology;I need an A* AA for my a levels to study dentistry could I revise all of as in 6 weeks and get good In my September exams
Cdhelp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lovemylife)
Hi I am really scared I need help , so I received my as results which was a BCD In bio chem and psychology;I need an A* AA for my a levels to study dentistry could I revise all of as in 6 weeks and get good In my September exams
What do you mean by “revise all of as in 6weeks”

Dentistry is extremely competitive, I would suggest resitting these exams. But then your UKCAT/BMAT would probs expire and need redoing as well.
Lovemylife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Cdhelp)
What do you mean by “revise all of as in 6weeks”

Dentistry is extremely competitive, I would suggest resitting these exams. But then your UKCAT/BMAT would probs expire and need redoing as well.
Like all the content of AS because I have more exams on September
teyana
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had exams too and I failed and need AAA. We literally living the same situation.
I was literally planning to revise throughout the 6 weeks and It’s really not going well.

If you put your mind to it and have a plan (timetable for when u revise) Then YES of course you will pass.
Remember that anything is possible.

I heard that a useful method is if u revise for 25 mins then have a 5 minute break and repeat this process. Please don’t rush your revision, spaced out revision is the best.

I hope this is helpful! Please reply if you have anymore questions as I’d be more than happy to answer them. I look forward to your response.
Oooooh!
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First World problems..... If you are scared over a bit of paper with a few letters on then maybe you should see your gp although there's more to be scared of than some exam results...
Last edited by Oooooh!; 1 month ago
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well if you want to apply for dentistry in the 2021/22 application cycle then you don’t have much of a choice. You might as well try to revise as much as you can to lift your predictions - it’s better than not doing anything about it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
first thing, take a breath and try to be calm. if you study while feeling the pressure and stressing you won't retain as much information. Definitely utilize these next 6 weeks to study, you can do it! It will surely make a difference. If you haven't already, ask your teachers where you went wrong, or for help to go over whatever you may have struggled with. And most of all, do as many past papers as possible. I did extended maths, and I went from a D average to a B in 3 months with extra studying, asking my teachers and a truck load of past papers. As you continue to do them and mark them, you'll see where you're not doing as well and you can do some targeted studying. Plus, it is very satisfying to watch your grades go up right before your very eyes. You can do it! All the best. If you need anything just lmk!
Samantha, Official UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads