Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I just wanted to ask if we are able to go to any freshers event, regardless of the campus we attend.
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In terms of Streatham or St Lukes? 100%

They're only 15ish minute walk away from each other, and societies run across those two. If you mean between the Cornwall campus... a) it'll be very hard to get from one to another and b) they're technically under different student unions.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by MatthewAteYou)
In terms of Streatham or St Lukes? 100%

They're only 15ish minute walk away from each other, and societies run across those two. If you mean between the Cornwall campus... a) it'll be very hard to get from one to another and b) they're technically under different student unions.
Thank you for your response! I mean between the Cornwall campus, as I would I like to get the big freshers pass and I believe the events are being held at the Streatham campus?
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your response! I mean between the Cornwall campus, as I would I like to get the big freshers pass and I believe the events are being held at the Streatham campus?
Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. It is about two hours drive between our Penryn Campus in Cornwall and Exeter based campuses in Devon. Our Penryn Campus is located in the same location as Falmouth University. We are slightly unusual that we have two Student Unions for each of these two locations: with the one in Penryn covering both the University of Exeter and Falmouth students. The Student Union will be organising activities and events for Freshers' Week. Typically these events are announced around results day once the majority of students know where they will be going (so another couple of weeks to go yet). Updates will be put on the Student Union website as they are announced: https://www.thesu.org.uk/

There is nothing stopping your from participating from the events organised by the Student Guild in the city of Exeter, just be mindful of the distance. Also, you may prefer to throw yourself in to the events taking place at the Penryn Campus and in Falmouth as this is where you will be based.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have you any other questions I can help with let me know.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads