Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone know how small exactly are the 'small single rooms (not-ensuite' - i.e. the cheapest option for the halls at Astor, Campbell House East/West, Schafer, John Tovell, John Adams and Langton Close?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
does anyone know how small exactly are the 'small single rooms (not-ensuite' - i.e. the cheapest option for the halls at Astor, Campbell House East/West, Schafer, John Tovell, John Adams and Langton Close?
If you are referring to the most basic option (smallest room) which does not include toilet but shared kitchen etc etc. You have only two things... bed to sleep on and a desk to sit down and study. That is pretty much it. Particularly for those who spend most of their time outside prefer this type. Btw, I still have not gotten CAS letter yet.. if you are international student, may I ask you if you have received it yet? Thanks.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you are referring to the most basic option (smallest room) which does not include toilet but shared kitchen etc etc. You have only two things... bed to sleep on and a desk to sit down and study. That is pretty much it. Particularly for those who spend most of their time outside prefer this type. Btw, I still have not gotten CAS letter yet.. if you are international student, may I ask you if you have received it yet? Thanks.
yep that's the one... am I gonna feel too claustrophobic smh. it's ok I guess its all worth it for the money I save

yep, I got my CAS just last week! I heard they are doing it department wise so you should get in touch with your department if you have an unconditional but still haven't gotten that CAS.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
yep that's the one... am I gonna feel too claustrophobic smh. it's ok I guess its all worth it for the money I save

yep, I got my CAS just last week! I heard they are doing it department wise so you should get in touch with your department if you have an unconditional but still haven't gotten that CAS.
I've spent my very first year in an en-suite room but a shared kitchen. Living in a small room wasn't a problem for me. However, if you are really concerned about being claustrophobic, please check whether the room has a window at least. Well, most of the rooms have windows but it is something to check if you are claustrophobic.

To me, what is most important is the people who you will be living with. Especially, when I move to new places, I am always concerned about the people who I will be spending time with and sharing the facilities together. I wouldn't talk about my bad experience here since it would take ages for me to write down my experience here but yh, those things are quite important for me to consider when I move in.

I will be studying Msc in data science and visualisation so my department will be Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA). I received unconditional offer a few months ago. However, I haven't received CAS till now. I still have some time though. I will be applying for my student visa sometime in mid-August as I need to wait for 28 days until I print out my bank statement. Anyways, good luck with your studies and I hope things work out as you hope them to be
Raphieparsons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anyone been allocated john tovell house?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads