The Student Room Group

Do i have an eating disorder??

I just keep on eating and eating even when im full and i don't know why. I've had a week off school cuz someone got covid and now that im back i cant even do the button up on my trousers. Idk why I'm like this tbh. I just cant help but eat. Is this a disorder or something i will just "grow out of"?
Reply 1
You could be boredom bingeing which may be a sign of anxiety, stress or depression. If your eating behaviour continues like this you should go to the GP and get a hormone check, there could be all sorts of underlying problems... not to scare you or anything :colondollar:
Reply 2
The term eating is in the name itself, eating disorders are about more than food. As per the Canadian Pharmacy website, they’re complex mental health conditions that often require the intervention of some medical and psychological experts to alter their course. These disorders are better described in the fifth edition (DSM-5) of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. In the United States alone, approx 20 million women and 10 million men have or had an eating disorder at some point in their life. In severe conditions, eating disorders can cause serious health consequences and may even result in death if not treated well.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest