isa.p
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to get into a top tier university, hopefully in the U.K. but also in Canada. Does anyone know any really good schools in Canada for English programs? I’m looking into becoming a journalist , specifically a environmentalist but I’m not that great at science, so my second option is a travelling journalist.

I’ve only just done my Year 10 mocks and I’m going into Year 11, and I’ve done best on essay and literacy subjects.
PhantomMercy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by isa.p)
I want to get into a top tier university, hopefully in the U.K. but also in Canada. Does anyone know any really good schools in Canada for English programs? I’m looking into becoming a journalist , specifically a environmentalist but I’m not that great at science, so my second option is a travelling journalist.

I’ve only just done my Year 10 mocks and I’m going into Year 11, and I’ve done best on essay and literacy subjects.
The top 3 universities I can think of off the top of my head are University of Toronto, UBC and McGill. I'd look into their programs to see what suits you.
WhyJustRun?
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by isa.p)
In this case I'd suggest UBC. UofT and McGill are both really good schools but UBC has a School of Journalism (though there doesn't seem to be an explicit journalism major, but UBC thinks a BA is a BA is a BA and your diploma won't say the major anyways) whereas at UofT you can take a journalism major (only at a satellite campus in Scarborough) or at McGill where you can take a minor in communication studies. UBC tops the rankings here.
As far as a BA in English is concerned, they're pretty comparable across the board.
The benefit to UBC is that it is internationally renowned for its environmental and sustainability sciences and is much much better equipped to provide an education in that regard than the other two.
Not to mention, Vancouver is beautiful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.19%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.19%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise