retaking maths gcse for a entry requirement

Watch this thread
zi5nt
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I emailed my schools advisor but she wont reply so im asking here haha... but to do pharmacy at UCL and Kings you need to have a 6 in GCSE mathematics but i have a 5. my application will not be looked at if i have a 5 so how would i go about retaking maths? i also did the foundation tier before and idk if im able to revise everything in what 2? months.. so i dont know.. i dont know what to do because as of now im only looking at 3 unis to apply for, please give me any advice you have!
zi5nt
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
up
zi5nt
Rep:
hopefully someone replies ;
zi5nt
Rep:
!!
zi5nt
Rep:
helppp
zi5nt
Rep:
help
zi5nt
Rep:
):
TheCorpsCorporal
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
I'm sorry to hear that your school's advisor isn't helping.

Maybe try emailing some of the maths teachers at your school for advise? If that doesn't work, reach out to your local colleges, they should be able to offer you an opportunity to take the exam (maybe for a small fee).

Also if you're not confident that you're going pass, I would advise investing in a tutor if you can. Yes it's a short term expense, but if you get your dream university, I think it's very much worth it!

I've also heard that it's actually easier to get a 6 in higher than it is in Foundation due to the percentage required to get the grade.
zi5nt
Rep:
damn
TheCorpsCorporal
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by zi5nt)
damn
Some unis will also offer you a place with the requirement of accepting maths help and taking the exam in your first year. Maybe try contacting the admissions team?
zi5nt
Rep:
(Original post by TheCorpsCorporal)
I'm sorry to hear that your school's advisor isn't helping.

Maybe try emailing some of the maths teachers at your school for advise? If that doesn't work, reach out to your local colleges, they should be able to offer you an opportunity to take the exam (maybe for a small fee).

Also if you're not confident that you're going pass, I would advise investing in a tutor if you can. Yes it's a short term expense, but if you get your dream university, I think it's very much worth it!

I've also heard that it's actually easier to get a 6 in higher than it is in Foundation due to the percentage required to get the grade.
yes that is why i kind of just want to do the exam and somewhat idk only get around 50-60% to get a 6 in higher. Thank you for your response (:
zi5nt
Rep:
(Original post by TheCorpsCorporal)
Some unis will also offer you a place with the requirement of accepting maths help and taking the exam in your first year. Maybe try contacting the admissions team?
ah i haven't tried that yet i will email them asap, thank you again!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
You can resit in November, entry deadline is the end of September. Your sixth from should let you take it there but you may have to pay. I suggest you start working on it now - there are lots of online resources. On the upside you only need to get around 45% for a 6 in Higher tier (that was the Edexcel grade boundary in Summer 2019)
TheCorpsCorporal
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by zi5nt)
ah i haven't tried that yet i will email them asap, thank you again!
No worries, I wish you all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (16)
17.58%
The paper was reasonable (32)
35.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (31)
34.07%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
13.19%

Watched Threads