JHibbard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

So my situation is as follows: I completed two years of a BA degree at one university, getting a DipHE in the process. I dropped out before the third year for personal reasons (Not enough to get mitigating circumstances) however I'm going back to study at a different University, on a different course. I know I am able to do the course part time and be funded, however after talking with a member of staff, they advised that I might be able to start on the second year of the course with my prior experience.

My question is, would I have to pay for the first year back if it was full time education, as if I was starting on year one of the course, or would I, if I started on the second year, qualify for full funding using what would have covered my final year plus my spare year?

I apologise if this makes no sense, and I'm happy to provide more specifics if needed, but it's a lot going around my head right now and the whole student finance thing confuses me.

Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JHibbard)
Hi,

So my situation is as follows: I completed two years of a BA degree at one university, getting a DipHE in the process. I dropped out before the third year for personal reasons (Not enough to get mitigating circumstances) however I'm going back to study at a different University, on a different course. I know I am able to do the course part time and be funded, however after talking with a member of staff, they advised that I might be able to start on the second year of the course with my prior experience.

My question is, would I have to pay for the first year back if it was full time education, as if I was starting on year one of the course, or would I, if I started on the second year, qualify for full funding using what would have covered my final year plus my spare year?

I apologise if this makes no sense, and I'm happy to provide more specifics if needed, but it's a lot going around my head right now and the whole student finance thing confuses me.

Thanks!
Hi there,

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

What is the length of your new course and how many years of previous study do you have in total?
Thanks, Isaac
JHibbard
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there,

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

What is the length of your new course and how many years of previous study do you have in total?
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,

The length of the new course is 3 years, plus a placement year (Though if I started in year two, the course length would still be the same but I'd only study for two years) And in my previous course, I studied for two years.

Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isaac,

The length of the new course is 3 years, plus a placement year (Though if I started in year two, the course length would still be the same but I'd only study for two years) And in my previous course, I studied for two years.

Thanks!
Based on this information, the calculation for a 4 year course with 2 years of previous study is :

4+1-2= 3 years of funding.

If you are starting from the 2nd year then you will be funded for years 2,3 and 4.

Thanks, Isaac
JHibbard
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Based on this information, the calculation for a 4 year course with 2 years of previous study is :

4+1-2= 3 years of funding.

If you are starting from the 2nd year then you will be funded for years 2,3 and 4.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,

Thank you very much, all being well with getting on to the second year, that makes things a lot easier. Thank you so much for clarifying.

Thanks,
Joshua Hibbard
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Isaac,

Thank you very much, all being well with getting on to the second year, that makes things a lot easier. Thank you so much for clarifying.

Thanks,
Joshua Hibbard
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads