hannahbaker3.142
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yo i got my result back today for my interview with the head teacher and ive not got head girl or deputy . I’ve wanted it all my school years and i feel really upset . However i think the upset is mostly from anger towards the candidates who did get head girl and deputies . The people that were chosen weren’t deserving of it in my eyes . Only one person deserved the role and i was happy for them , i had no issue congratulating them because they had worked out throughout their school years like me and deserved the role . However i felt so angry towards the others because i’ve worked so hard over the past few years going to extra curriculars every night , representing the school in many many things , being a model student , ive never had a detention and my attendance and punctuality are perfect . The candidates chosen have very poor punctuality , they’ve had multiple detentions , they never attend extra curriculars , they’ve never represented the school and theyre just awful people in general . Should i be this worked up about it or can someone please tell me that it doesnt really matter and there’s an upside to me only getting senior student leader and not head girl .
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t worry about it - my senior student role amounted to a single sentence on my personal statement for university it wouldn’t have been a big deal if I hadn’t bothered with it at all but I enjoyed my role so I don’t mind that I spent my time doing it. I doubt I would’ve had more to say had I been head girl. If you’ve got loads of extracurriculars anyway you’ll fine. I could swear my secondary picked head girl and deputy based on who was prettiest in the advertising posters. It could be a blessing in disguise as it’s been such a disrupted couple of years and this way you might be able to put more effort into your GCSEs and do better.
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As said above, head girl and similar positions don't really matter at all in the long run - it's nice to feel appreciated at the time, but then you have a year of extra responsibilities to juggle while trying to do your A levels/GCSEs, and then it's forgotten about. It's the sort of thing you can mention in your personal statement, but so is being a senior student leader, and most people don't have space anyway after talking about things much more relevant to their course. I was a senior prefect at my school, and honestly had completely forgotten that until I read your post, and I didn't have space to mention it at all in my personal statement despite my particular role actually being somewhat relevant to my course.

I fully appreciate why you're upset and frustrated by the choices, but you've essentially just been given the chance to avoid too many extra responsibilities on top of your exams and other commitments! Senior student leader type roles tend to have a more manageable level of extra work, you get to contribute and help out around the school without it becoming a major time drain
Last edited by Interea; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.08%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
30%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.46%

Watched Threads