J128371
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone know if it’s likely I’ll be able to get an en-suite if I’m going through clearing? I’ve already got my a level grades if that makes a difference
Phoebejoy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m worried about this too I really want green bank but spoke to an accommodation lady and she said most clearing applicants are sent to private accommodation rather than uni halls... I don’t want to be in private!
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Universities can rarely guarantee accommodation for Clearing applicants and you do have to be realistic about this,

Housing run by Unite, IQ etc are fine - there is the same atmosphere, usually better facilities, and since these are usually closer to the centre of a city you actually get a better experience than being in 'traditional' halls. You are almost certain of getting an ensuite because they are more recently built.

You will only be in this housing until June - and you go to University for far more than a bathroom, so do try to get this in perspective.
J128371
Rep:
?
(Original post by P***bejoy)
I’m worried about this too I really want green bank but spoke to an accommodation lady and she said most clearing applicants are sent to private accommodation rather than uni halls... I don’t want to be in private!
Yeah I really don’t want to be in private either ffs this is such a nightmare, did you ring the lady or email? I’ve tried emailing and noones got back to me lol
J128371
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
Universities can rarely guarantee accommodation for Clearing applicants and you do have to be realistic about this,

Housing run by Unite, IQ etc are fine - there is the same atmosphere, usually better facilities, and since these are usually closer to the centre of a city you actually get a better experience than being in 'traditional' halls. You are almost certain of getting an ensuite because they are more recently built.

You will only be in this housing until June - and you go to University for far more than a bathroom, so do try to get this in perspective.
I went to a diff uni last year and dropped out. But in that time I was only there with a bathroom because I couldn’t go in to lectures etc. The only way I met people was by going to different accoms on campus, that’s why I’m stressed if it’s the same this year I won’t meet anyone in private accom
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J128371)
I went to a diff uni last year and dropped out. But in that time I was only there with a bathroom because I couldn’t go in to lectures etc. The only way I met people was by going to different accoms on campus, that’s why I’m stressed if it’s the same this year I won’t meet anyone in private accom
The reality is that anywhere you go through clearing will have already allocated its accommodation to firm students and probably insurance students. Clearing students will have to take what is left whether that by with private bathrooms, in private halls or houses. The other option is to take a gap year and reapply next year..
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is what 'private accom' looks like - exactly the same housing but without the University name stamped all over it :
IQ Liverpool - https://www.iqstudentaccommodation.com/liverpool
Sanctuary Liverpool - https://www.sanctuary-students.com/s...tion/liverpool
Student Housing Company - https://thestudenthousingcompany.com...gdom/liverpool

Now please stop making such a fuss.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know if it’s likely I’ll be able to get an en-suite if I’m going through clearing? I’ve already got my a level grades if that makes a difference
(Original post by P***bejoy)
Liverpool housed all students who came through Clearing last year, although they might not be able to do the same this year. They hired out private halls and put all of their students there, together. Honestly, don't worry about it. Even if you get private accommodation, you will likely be with fellow Liverpool freshers. The vast, vast majority of them are en-suite as well.
Last edited by Sandtrooper; 1 month ago
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello J128371,

When university-owned halls are filled, the university offers approved accommodation which typically has en-suites. There are many modern accommodations in the city centre filled with University of Liverpool and John Moores students where you will still receive a great student experience!

Antonia

University of Liverpool student rep
Shan2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've applied with sanctuary students quite a lot of people have chosen to go private this year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (327)
83.42%
No (65)
16.58%

Watched Threads