The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I've heard loads in Tesco and in the Guild.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Maybe that's because you understand German lol.
I see a lot of Russians I think.
Probably!
I have a Russian guy in my history class. He's a perv.
Reply 903
i'm back

what have I missed?

also comes to my head now, are there Jan mock exams etc or just end of year?
Mock exams? HAHA. Take off the word mock and you're sorted.
Reply 905
oh lol, so is that for everyone?
Yeah most people have exams or essays due in in January. We don't really do mocks at all.
I've never done a mock at uni lol - I think you'd be lucky to get one!

Yeah it depends what subjects you do as it whether you have January exams, or exams at all! English I have no exams, just coursework - Psychology 3 exams in Jan and the same in June :frown: boohoo
Reply 908
So with BAM what happens?
FM08
So with BAM what happens?

We have 4 exams in January, and one coursework due in too.
We had a marketing mock, lols.

Uh then in January I have 4 exams and 2 pieces of cwk. One is long and stressful, the other is just stressful because people in groups are silly.
ive applied for business and management
Reply 912
my application has finally gone through!
I got accepted 6 days after I applied :smile: It's for Economics and Management. I've got a few questions:

1. They've offered ABB - which I think I can get but incase I get BBB what would be my chances of still getting in.

2. What are the chances of getting a good work placement in my placement year? I know Aston has very good contacts e.g. PwC, Deloitte, Exxon Mobil etc. but what are my chances of actually getting a placement year for one of these companies?

3. Where will I be situated? I'm guessing the social sciences department and possibly the business school for management or do they teach economics in the business school anyway?

4. What's the housing like? I know people say it's small and expensive but will it have improved by this time next year or is it still going to be the same tower blocks?
CombineHarvester
I got accepted 6 days after I applied :smile: It's for Economics and Management. I've got a few questions:

1. They've offered ABB - which I think I can get but incase I get BBB what would be my chances of still getting in.

None. This year people in your position who did not get the grades were offered alternative courses, but did not get onto the ones they originally chose.
CombineHarvester
2. What are the chances of getting a good work placement in my placement year? I know Aston has very good contacts e.g. PwC, Deloitte, Exxon Mobil etc. but what are my chances of actually getting a placement year for one of these companies?

It depends on you, obviously.
CombineHarvester
3. Where will I be situated? I'm guessing the social sciences department and possibly the business school for management or do they teach economics in the business school anyway?

Economics and Management is part of Aston Business School. They are all situated on campus anyway.
CombineHarvester
4. What's the housing like? I know people say it's small and expensive but will it have improved by this time next year or is it still going to be the same tower blocks?

£65 a week is not expensive.
It will still be the tower blocks for a while but when you come back in your 4th year they will be new.
It's fine, seriously. the people who get silly about it are the people who have not been to uni.
Ive had a great time living in halls, my flatmates are cool, we have good times. The rooms are actually not a bad size, as people on open days often comment also.
Reply 915
CombineHarvester

Touch Me

We bother to spend time writing this stuff for a reason :x
wow thanks. yes sorry I've just read the uni guide which was excellent thanks.
I suppose placement also depends on the economic situation as well and whether or not it's improved. I'm having trouble with Germany right now.
Hopefully by the time I do mine we'll be on a boom...
I think most of the big companies are still offering placements, unless they are in financial difficulty. Smaller ones are probably thinking twice before they offer them.

I'm having problems but only because I'm being a bit picky about location etc!

Latest