The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

DougLTFC
They can't expect you to live without a telephone at least, surely?

Out of interest do you know of anyone, who isn't on a language course, going on placement abroad? It sounds like something i'd really like to do. Of course i'm sure a lot of other people would like to work abroad for a year too.

They said I'd have to organise it myself which is a pain but hopefully doable.

I'm not sure about going abroad but I do know other people doing placements who aren't languages students. I'll ask around.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
hannah_dru
They said I'd have to organise it myself which is a pain but hopefully doable.

I'm not sure about going abroad but I do know other people doing placements who aren't languages students. I'll ask around.

At least it's something!

Thanks!
If you're on IBAM you have to do your placement abroad, and I'm sure a few people off other courses probably do it too.
This thing is 79 pages long now?! Jesus!
Why is that surprising? All the other chat threads grew this big as well.
FireDeuce
Why is that surprising? All the other chat threads grew this big as well.

Not quite this big though?!

I've noticed that since I slowed down my posting, more topics seem to be staying on topic.
And you slowed your posting why?
Because I turned my attention to spamming the H&R forum with sarcastic responses. :P
IanDangerously
Because I turned my attention to spamming the H&R forum with sarcastic responses. :P

Haha :biggrin:

It's not as funny in this forum without you though. It's getting too serious!
hannah_dru
Haha :biggrin:

It's not as funny in this forum without you though. It's getting too serious!

I noticed everything had become more serious around here ... there seems to be a load of 09-10 freshers creeping onto the forum from every angle, that must be the cause of it. lol.

This is the Aston forum, how can we possibly stay on topic?! :frown:
IanDangerously
I noticed everything had become more serious around here ... there seems to be a load of 09-10 freshers creeping onto the forum from every angle, that must be the cause of it. lol.

This is the Aston forum, how can we possibly stay on topic?! :frown:

Haha yeah that's it. It's all these threads about how decent the uni is etc.

I know...we're not supposed to dammit! :biggrin:
Reply 1571
We "load of 09-10 freshers" are looking to you grumpy students as role models almost, providing us with a useful insight!:p:
Though there are a lot of threads. ......There'll be a current student one following i'm sure..
tomtom:)
We "load of 09-10 freshers" are looking to you grumpy students as role models almost, providing us with a useful insight!:p:
Though there are a lot of threads. ......There'll be a current student one following i'm sure..

We're not all grumpy! :biggrin: :smile: :yep: :p: :woo:

I'm sure there used to be a general Aston Chat thread somewhere for current students... though to be honest most thread usually end up as chat after a while!

Haha it's not all of you! Mostly it's the people slagging it off or people who don't even go to Aston keep popping up just to be rude.
Reply 1574
gillipies
We're not all grumpy! :biggrin: :smile: :yep: :p: :woo:

I'm sure there used to be a general Aston Chat thread somewhere for current students... though to be honest most thread usually end up as chat after a while!

too true, so anyways; how are you? :rolleyes:

hannah_dru
Haha it's not all of you! Mostly it's the people slagging it off or people who don't even go to Aston keep popping up just to be rude.

:smile: pure jelousy methinks, that said i'm always on the defensive when i say Aston uni... ready with you may not have heard of it but it's brilliant for business etc, though i never really have to say that (Y)

Lol! I will not take the bait! :p:
Reply 1576
gillipies
Lol! I will not take the bait! :p:

:biggrin: sorry, how's life at Aston then?:p:

:smile: pure jelousy methinks, that said i'm always on the defensive when i say Aston uni... ready with you may not have heard of it but it's brilliant for business etc, though i never really have to say that (Y)

Defensive is good! :biggrin:
gillipies
We're not all grumpy! :biggrin: :smile:

The "General Aston Chat" thread was originally a thread I started about something specific if I remember rightly, and it went so off-topic that I edited the topic title to 'General Chat'.....

Such is the way of the Aston forum for staying on topic :smile:.
Reply 1579
I got a offer for: Accounting for Management from Aston. Havnt been able to go on a open day. Was wondering if anyone was studying this course and knowns whether it is a good course to study if you wanted to do chartered accountancy. :confused:

Latest