have you got/had an Eating Disorder? Watch

This discussion is closed.
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Just wondering...does anyone here have eating disorders?

I do...and have went through almost every sort of eating disorder. Most people in my school have / had them as well. :rolleyes:
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think I have any maybe overeating but it's normal I put it all on fruits inorder not to gain weight that much,ermmm I think my favourite is anorexia because you'd never get fat:p:
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
(Original post by habosh)
I don't think I have any maybe overeating but it's normal I put it all on fruits inorder not to gain weight that much,ermmm I think my favourite is anorexia because you'd never get fat:p:
but if you're overeating on a regular basis...no matter what food it is...it is still overeating. :rolleyes:

yes anorexia doesn't make people gain weight...but it made me always feeling weak and about to faint whenever i stand up sometimes. but i do think it feels better than being too full and guilty.
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think I do. I have been slightly bulimic before, have had periods where I starve myself and other times I compulsively over eat. Im not one in particular, I seem to be all of them slightly
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to overeat a lot. I'd eat food even when i asn't hungry, just bored. Now, i have stopped eating chocolte and i only eat when I am hungry and i drink water if i feel hungry. I do not eat anywhere as much meat as I uased to eat either. I just think of how sick the food will make me eat, that keeps me away from it. So, what is that out of the options in the poll?
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
(Original post by galadriel100)
I used to overeat a lot. I'd eat food even when i asn't hungry, just bored. Now, i have stopped eating chocolte and i only eat when I am hungry and i drink water if i feel hungry. I do not eat anywhere as much meat as I uased to eat either. I just think of how sick the food will make me eat, that keeps me away from it. So, what is that out of the options in the poll?
that would be the healthy option

i should relaly try your way to make myself stop...
silverleaf
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I often eat when I'm bored, or upset, or angry, or too happy to care that I need to lose weight... seems like every emotion makes me want to eat!

Then I eat too much and feel guilty.

It's like I have bulimia, but without the vomiting/purging.

But I try not to worry about it. If I worry, I feel more guilty, then I eat more....
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by habosh)
I think my favourite is anorexia because you'd never get fat:p:
Not to be rude, but favourite? EDs are not fun things...
You can get fat as a anorectic. Having an ED does not automatically mean you'll be at a certain weight, or fat, thin, normal, whatever..
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I binge eat when i'm really bored but i dont put on weight so there's no need for me to care and i dont do it all the time.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why isn't EDNOS on the list?
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
(Original post by juno_the)
Why isn't EDNOS on the list?
cos i forgot sorry.

can someone teach me how to add it in??
SophistiCat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to have anorexia, which developed into bulimia/compulsive overeating & dieting. I'm fine now though, though I'd like to be a little thinner... :rolleyes:
having an eating disorder completely ruins your self esteem and relationship with food. You don't know what it feels like to be hungry or full. It's awful.
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i have a tendancy to binge eat and then starve myself at times, but i think it's quite common on different scales
eurasianfeline
Rep:
?
(Original post by caffecooki)
i have a tendancy to binge eat and then starve myself at times, but i think it's quite common on different scales
me too. i starve myself in school and binge when i'm alone at home.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gosh, 50% of people have EDs so far
m0ke
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not so much a disorder, but I used to be really really fussy. The only sandwich filling I used to like was jam... that was for the first 15 or so years of my life. I still don't like milk on my cereal... or cheese.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by VixenIW)
I think I do. I have been slightly bulimic before, have had periods where I starve myself and other times I compulsively over eat. Im not one in particular, I seem to be all of them slightly
Same.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I gag and throw up when I eat lettuce.
No Future
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
You forgot EDNOS, BED, orthorexia and bigorexia ;_;
Orthorexia and bigorexia don't really count...BED and COE are almost the same thing.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
You forgot EDNOS, BED, orthorexia and bigorexia ;_;
I ticked both anorexia and bulimia as I am/was EDNOS
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (2)
33.33%
Pro-humanity (4)
66.67%

Watched Threads