mumbojumbo3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there everyone,

This is my first post here, so sorry if I somehow don't do this right or whatever!

I'll just get straight to the point, so I don't bore any of you. I need to know if Seneca is a good source for making revision resources Psychology. I used it for GCSEs and it was really good, but it seems as though for A-Levels it's much less detailed especially given how dense the content is. However, this could just mean it's efficient and straight to the point and cuts out the waffle, which would be good.

Some friends of mine have said differing things. Some say it lacks in evaluation - but that's not too much of a problem as I don't mind using the textbook or other websites for that. But in everything else, would you guys say it's good? I'd love for anyone who perhaps primarily used Seneca and have gotten their results to share their experiences as it would be really helpful!

Also, I'm aiming for the A*- in fact, I NEED it.

Thank you, in advance!
Last edited by mumbojumbo3; 2 months ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Seneca the philosopher? Perhaps you'll need to see his background in Stoic philosophy for that one.
mumbojumbo3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Seneca the philosopher? Perhaps you'll need to see his background in Stoic philosophy for that one.
Lmao, I don't actually know if you're joking or not. But incase you're not, it's also the name of a popular revision website XD. However, I'm assuming you haven't heard of it lol, so no worries.
SlaveofAll
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mumbojumbo3)
Lmao, I don't actually know if you're joking or not. But incase you're not, it's also the name of a popular revision website XD. However, I'm assuming you haven't heard of it lol, so no worries.
I haven't heard of the website, but you may consider searching for reviews of the website just to see if it's worthy of being used for revisions.
yona_cb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I used Seneca to revise for my A Level English Language mock, which I believe has similarities with A Level Psychology with regards to theorists/evaluation, and ended up with an A*. I found it was useful for last-minute revision and learning theories, but that the comparison element wasn't really very strong due to it being mostly multple choice or single word answers. I'd recommend doing practice questions, even if you don't do the full answer but make notes about what you would write instead, to practice that element - this helped me a whole bunch with my exam. Hope this helped!
shard12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My a level psychology teacher used to assign my class seneca tasks every week as further work (on top of homework). It's really useful for getting to know the important bits of each psychology topic but I wouldn't overly rely on it as it misses out on some of the details (which would get you higher grades) and the evaluation points are a bit generic. So using a textbook as well as seneca would be good too.
Torrential1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i think its good to do sitting on the bus or something, not something i'd do during actual revision hours.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mumbojumbo3)
Hi there everyone,

This is my first post here, so sorry if I somehow don't do this right or whatever!

I'll just get straight to the point, so I don't bore any of you. I need to know if Seneca is a good source for making revision resources Psychology. I used it for GCSEs and it was really good, but it seems as though for A-Levels it's much less detailed especially given how dense the content is. However, this could just mean it's efficient and straight to the point and cuts out the waffle, which would be good.

Some friends of mine have said differing things. Some say it lacks in evaluation - but that's not too much of a problem as I don't mind using the textbook or other websites for that. But in everything else, would you guys say it's good? I'd love for anyone who perhaps primarily used Seneca and have gotten their results to share their experiences as it would be really helpful!

Also, I'm aiming for the A*- in fact, I NEED it.

Thank you, in advance!
I tried out Seneca when I was doing A-Levels and I recommend only using it for light revision. The resources I recommend are your textbook/revision guide, specification and past paper-questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads