alzo22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i'm having a nightmare.

Due to COVID, I have just found out our 2nd year term has been pushed back to October, rather than the original September.
Which means my maintenance loan, which I need to cover my rent - has also been pushed back to October.
I signed the tenancy agreement for my new flat way back in January, before these term changes happened.

I now have my first term rent due on the 1st september and there is no way Im able to pay it without the loan.
I work but that only just gets me out of my overdraft, and my overdraft limit does not cover the rent that I will have to pay. I'm from a low-income family so I can't go to them for help,
I'm honestly freaking out and don't know how I'm supposed to pay my rent a month before my loan comes in.

Anyone been in a similar situation? Im with SFE
Last edited by alzo22; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk to your landlord and explain the situation. They'll often be able to adjust your contract dates or split your payments so you only pay for the first month in September
alzo22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Talk to your landlord and explain the situation. They'll often be able to adjust your contract dates or split your payments so you only pay for the first month in September
Yeah I managed to sort something out with them. Thank you!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alzo22)
Yeah I managed to sort something out with them. Thank you!
that's great news
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads