Any ideas on what may be happening this upcoming academic year?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just completed a gap year so I’m quite out the educational loop. I’ve got an unconditional to study this Sep at York

Does anyone know what teaching may be like this Sep? Will it be a mixture of online & in person? Will we have to form bubbles with flatmates?

Thanks!
NurseAsh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I can tell, it seems to be a mixture of online and in person? But don’t hold me to that, York may change this information at any time.
When it comes to bubbles, I doubt it unless government restrictions are reinstated. Hopefully we’ll be free to mingle with w***ver we’d like!
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just completed a gap year so I’m quite out the educational loop. I’ve got an unconditional to study this Sep at York

Does anyone know what teaching may be like this Sep? Will it be a mixture of online & in person? Will we have to form bubbles with flatmates?

Thanks!
York sent out an email saying it should all be in person in all departments this sept
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
York sent out an email saying it should all be in person in all departments this sept
Yeah I read that email but I believe they've gone some way in planning for a 'blended' approach if the restrictions change too. We're all hoping for a return to normality but York have already had issues with staffing causing in-person things (in my department at least) to be cancelled.
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks!
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Yeah I read that email but I believe they've gone some way in planning for a 'blended' approach if the restrictions change too. We're all hoping for a return to normality but York have already had issues with staffing causing in-person things (in my department at least) to be cancelled.
Just to add to what Josh said, York is aiming for a return to in-person teaching for this academic year, but they're essentially planning for a blended approach. To be more precise, they're planning for 2 scenarios: a) near normal scenario without social distancing and b) restricted scenario with 1m+ social distancing - both scenarios will see provisions made for online learning for those who have to self-isolate/international students who can't travel to the UK. Academic departments and the uni will both keep incoming and continuing students updated with the latest development on the pandemic in the UK.

Btw, anon, what course will you be studying from Sept? I'm going into my third year of Social and Political Sciences. I hope this helps!
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks!
Hi!

Congratulations on your offer, not long now until September!

Our latest Covid-19 guidance can be found here. The page is regularly updated and has all of the key information around studying at York this year.

We plan to offer campus-based in-person teaching in September, and there are measures in place and preparations underway to make this possible, although the guidance may change, so it's worth checking this page to make sure you have the most up-to-date information.

I'd really recommend having a read, as there's lots of useful stuff around support, wellbeing, life on campus, and who to contact if you have any questions.

I hope this helps!

Hazel
Graduate Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads