What level of education to put on CV?

Watch
ysto
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Seems like a dumb question tbh but I'm an A-Level student in 6th form but have been going to this school since year 7, what level of education does that qualify as in my CV and would the start date be from year 7 or from when I started 6th form?
Last edited by ysto; 2 months ago
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ysto)
Seems like a dumb question tbh but I'm an A-Level student in 6th form but have been going to this school since year 7, what level of education does that qualify as in my CV and would the start date be from year 7 or from when I started 6th form?

Whatever stage you’re at in your career you need to know how to format education on your CV. Your educational achievements become less important in the hiring process as your career progresses but your CV education section remains essential and has to be correctly written. Here’s how to list your education on your CV:

Whether education or employment goes first on your CV depends on how experienced you are. In most cases, education goes first if you’re still studying or you finished education within the last year. Otherwise, your work history comes first.
If you’re a school leaver, include your A-levels and GCSEs. List all of your A-level subjects but summarise your GCSEs, mentioning only maths and English specifically.
If you’re a university graduate don’t mention honours unless they’re a 2:1 or a first and if you’ve just graduated list individual modules that are relevant to the job.
Other educational qualifications can be added to your CV too. Add vocational qualifications to your education section and qualifications gained through workplace training to a separate ‘certificates’ section.

Plus, a great cover letter that matches your CV will give you an advantage over other candidates.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ysto)
So you'd put something like this

Education

2016-22 School Name, Town
Currently studying A level Subject, Subject and Subject
9 GCSEs, grades A*-C, including English and Maths

So you've got the whole period you have been and are going to be at the school in the date, then just the subjects you are currently studying and a summary of your GCSEs as shown. An employer is unlikely to care about specific GCSE grades or subjects, except that you have English and Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads