The Student Room Group

How to deal with sexual frustrating?

It’s been becoming really as of late.even when I’m out grocery shopping for the essentials. If I see a good looking women I get nasty thought.especially since it’s summer over here and women have their boobs half out I’m in the prime years to and I feel like I’m wasting it I get sexual thoughts like all the time it’s irritating AF
Original post by Menzters78
It’s been becoming really as of late.even when I’m out grocery shopping for the essentials. If I see a good looking women I get nasty thought.especially since it’s summer over here and women have their boobs half out I’m in the prime years to and I feel like I’m wasting it I get sexual thoughts like all the time it’s irritating AF

if the you don't want the thoughts (i.e. they're intrusive thoughts) you might have OCD (you may think OCD is just obsessively washing your hands and having things neat but its more about the thoughts and anxiety that causes those compulsions within people and the compulsions can manifest in many different ways)
I have intrusive thoughts about sexual things. many of the people that i look at and find attractive end up in my mind with me imagining doing something to them or vice versa. I don't want the thoughts for the most part because they just cloud my mine and cause anxiety.
If you have access to all4 or can pay for it on prime video, try watching a show called "pure". its about exactly this and if you find yourself relating to the main character you may have that form of OCD. If it really worries you you can talk to a therapist about it but for the most part try these things:
-label the thoughts as 'intrusive thoughts' when they enter your mind (e.g. you see a woman and think about making out with her. take a breath and say to yourself "this is an intrusive thought"
-Remind yourself that the thoughts are automatic and not up to you. you are not actively choosing to imagine doing things with these women
-Do not try to force the thoughts out of your mind. sit with the anxiety they may cause and wait for the time to pass. try ti just breathe and steady yourself
-Do not interact with the thoughts. try to just let them pass
-Do not try to figure out what they "mean". The thoughts do not say anything about who you are, as they are not a choice, they are out of your control. the thoughts are not you and they do not define you
-Continue whatever you were doing before hand. (If you were looking for something at the supermarket and saw a woman you found attractive, breathe, do the steps above as best you can, then keep looking for what you were looking for)

I really hope this helps you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending