ajxgrg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all, I just wanted to know if I’m on the right track with my preparation for OASC interview. I heard that the interview is now 12-15 mins long. Has anyone recently been to OASC and been through the new format? And also, I have seen somewhere that current affairs is not a thing in OASC interview anymore?

TIA
Pdubz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ajxgrg)
Hi all, I just wanted to know if I’m on the right track with my preparation for OASC interview. I heard that the interview is now 12-15 mins long. Has anyone recently been to OASC and been through the new format? And also, I have seen somewhere that current affairs is not a thing in OASC interview anymore?

TIA
Firstly congratulations on making it to OASC. I did OASC in March this year. The interview is only 12-15 minutes and it is rapid fire, imagine being in the mastermind chair. Current affairs are not covered in the OASC interview. It focuses on your motivations for commissioning in the Air Force, what you know about your chosen branch(s) including training and career path. Then it moves in to your knowledge of Air Force operations both domestic and foreign including aircraft types and roles. I was asked what group Typhoons were in.

If you don't know something be honest and say so straight away, don't try to BS your way through they will see right through you. It's okay to forget some details just not lots. I had a brain fart in my interview and couldn't remember how long my phase 2 training course was I said so and they moved on. I passed OASC and start MIOT next year.

The interviewer will give nothing away in terms of your performance so don't try to take any clues from them. Most of all relax and be yourself whilst maintaining a good posture and eye contact.

Good luck and enjoy the day.
ajxgrg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Pdubz)
Firstly congratulations on making it to OASC. I did OASC in March this year. The interview is only 12-15 minutes and it is rapid fire, imagine being in the mastermind chair. Current affairs are not covered in the OASC interview. It focuses on your motivations for commissioning in the Air Force, what you know about your chosen branch(s) including training and career path. Then it moves in to your knowledge of Air Force operations both domestic and foreign including aircraft types and roles. I was asked what group Typhoons were in.

If you don't know something be honest and say so straight away, don't try to BS your way through they will see right through you. It's okay to forget some details just not lots. I had a brain fart in my interview and couldn't remember how long my phase 2 training course was I said so and they moved on. I passed OASC and start MIOT next year.

The interviewer will give nothing away in terms of your performance so don't try to take any clues from them. Most of all relax and be yourself whilst maintaining a good posture and eye contact.

Good luck and enjoy the day.
First of all, a massive congratulation for making it all the way through. What a year to look forward to for you.
And thank you very much for taking your time to write in such detail. It has definitely opened up my eyes and now I'm looking forward to. So, I really appreciate that.
I'll bear all your advise in mind.

Thank you and congratulations once again.

All the best for your MIOT next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise