R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I previously studied a few months of a Diploma of Higher Education course before dropping out. I got student finance for this however I dropped out only a few months in as it wasn't for me.

Right now I am in the third year of a computer science degree. I am not entirely sure if I will pass the final year and get my degree. I do want the degree but this year has been very difficult and even with extensions and deferrals I am struggling to get things done.

So if I fail this year, I will have used 3 years of student finance for the computer science course and I think the few months of study on the Diploma of Higher Education course also counts as a year of student finance entitlement.

If I was to repeat the year, will I be entitled to any funding from student finance or will I have to completely self-fund it?

Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by R19an)
I previously studied a few months of a Diploma of Higher Education course before dropping out. I got student finance for this however I dropped out only a few months in as it wasn't for me.

Right now I am in the third year of a computer science degree. I am not entirely sure if I will pass the final year and get my degree. I do want the degree but this year has been very difficult and even with extensions and deferrals I am struggling to get things done.

So if I fail this year, I will have used 3 years of student finance for the computer science course and I think the few months of study on the Diploma of Higher Education course also counts as a year of student finance entitlement.

If I was to repeat the year, will I be entitled to any funding from student finance or will I have to completely self-fund it?

Thanks!
Hi there, as you have used your additional year, you won't be funded for a repeat year unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
R19an
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, as you have used your additional year, you won't be funded for a repeat year unless you have and can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

Out of curiosity, if you self-fund a year at University and pay your own tuition fees, are you entitled to any maintenance loans?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by R19an)
Hi, thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

Out of curiosity, if you self-fund a year at University and pay your own tuition fees, are you entitled to any maintenance loans?
Yes, you can still receive the Maintenance Loan.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads