myt27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m an international student and will apply to the universities next year for 2022 entry. I have already chosen 3 universities but struggling to pick the last two. I want to study Politics/Politics and IR/History and Politics, and here are my choices so far:

1. Oxford (History and Politics)
2. LSE (Politics)
3. UCL (Politics and IR)

My options for the 4th and 5th:
1. Warwick (Politics and IS)
2. Edinburgh (Politics)
3. KCL (Politics)

Which two of these do you think should be my 4th and 5th choices? (I’m open to suggestions for changing the original 3 as well.)
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
In particular, read the bit about making sure your 5 UCAS choices cover a range of different grade requirements - ie. don't have 5 'high grade' courses.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would probably suggest you apply to history and politics for all your choices, or at least LSE as well, as LSE are notoriously personal statement heavy and you really need to tailor your PS towards them, but if you don't write anything history related you might alienate Oxford a bit. Remember you only get one personal statement for all 5 unis.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
myt27
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I would probably suggest you apply to history and politics for all your choices, or at least LSE as well, as LSE are notoriously personal statement heavy and you really need to tailor your PS towards them, but if you don't write anything history related you might alienate Oxford a bit. Remember you only get one personal statement for all 5 unis.
Well that’s a very good point you mentioned, my personal statement is like: %60 politics %20 politics and international relations blended, and %20 history. But history parts is very well connected to politics. Do you think that would be a problem for LSE?
myt27
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
In particular, read the bit about making sure your 5 UCAS choices cover a range of different grade requirements - ie. don't have 5 'high grade' courses.
I know this website and my choices apply the rule: 1 high: Oxford, 3 medium: LSE, UCL, KCL and 1 low: Warwick/Edinburgh
Last edited by myt27; 1 month ago
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
KCL and Edinburgh imo
DeBeauvoir2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oxford are a little less personal statement focused - I imagine a bit of politics from a historical perspective should be fine. LSE on the other hand have a reputation for coming through to check you really want to do that course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads