backsplash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello friends!
just some context: i will, hopefully, be starting university in september 2022 to study english (literature) and/with creative writing- at least some sort of variation of it anyway
so, this summer, i have been researching universities and i'm torn between two: the university of nottingham and the university of leeds. they both have their pro's and con's so hopefully i can list them and perhaps get a little advice. also, i know i have a while to decide, and i will apply to both, but i just don't know how i will ever decide.
the university of nottingham is good because i am currently doing a sutton trust summer school there and i will gain benefits such as £1k a year bursary and a lowered grade offer. i am really enjoying the culture and see myself fitting in there really well and, i can't lie, i am loving it. however, the university of leeds modules are so much more appealing to me! especially compared to the nottingham ones- not that their bad, i am indifferent to them but the leeds ones are everything i've ever been interested in. i like the university too. so my dilema is that i just don't know! what are the more important things to consider?
anyway, thank you for reading i hope you can help
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have 5 UCAS choices - and you have until Jan 2022 to make these decisions.
Fruity Girl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by backsplash)
hello friends!
just some context: i will, hopefully, be starting university in september 2022 to study english (literature) and/with creative writing- at least some sort of variation of it anyway
so, this summer, i have been researching universities and i'm torn between two: the university of nottingham and the university of leeds. they both have their pro's and con's so hopefully i can list them and perhaps get a little advice. also, i know i have a while to decide, and i will apply to both, but i just don't know how i will ever decide.
the university of nottingham is good because i am currently doing a sutton trust summer school there and i will gain benefits such as £1k a year bursary and a lowered grade offer. i am really enjoying the culture and see myself fitting in there really well and, i can't lie, i am loving it. however, the university of leeds modules are so much more appealing to me! especially compared to the nottingham ones- not that their bad, i am indifferent to them but the leeds ones are everything i've ever been interested in. i like the university too. so my dilema is that i just don't know! what are the more important things to consider?
You can put 5 down so look at some more unis and if you like both Leeds and Nottingham as places choose the one with the course that interests you more (if you get offers from both)
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apply to both and if you get two offers, attend their respective offer holder open days to help you decide.
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by backsplash)
hello friends!
Knowledge is power, so take this time to do as much research as you can on both options, speak to current students where possible and also look into what they can both offer you. How do they rank, what are their graduate employment stats, what support are you offered as a student, what financial support do they both offer? Other important factors to take into account are where you'd prefer to live, you'll be there for the next three years so it's important that you like where you are. What does the location offer to students and is it within your budget? Take this time to attend online open days, and search online forums such as this for as much insight as possible. Then when it comes to making your decision, you're doing so with all the right information.
Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.99%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (10)
14.93%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
14.93%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.94%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
38.81%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.42%

Watched Threads