Business course iPad or MacBook?

Watch this thread
Demliz96
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I’m about to start a business access course and then would like to go to uni. My current laptop is in need of an upgrade and I’ve decided to go for Apple as I have apple phones, airpods and Apple Watch. My chromebook is on its last legs and ideally don’t want another.

I’m really leaning towards Apple iPad Air with keyboard and pen as handy to take notes, diagrams and highlighting, can be written on like a laptop. Easy on the go (will be on public transport there and back) and also have a baby at home so can just close and put away. At home my partner has a desktop computer mainly used for gaming so quick downloads and storage so if I needed a program I can download at home.

But scared the course will say they are useless? And would have to buy something else? Would a MacBook be better?

Anyone got an iPad and regretted it? I hope to get something that will last uni.

Thank you
Wayz3
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Demliz96)
Hello,

I’m about to start a business access course and then would like to go to uni. My current laptop is in need of an upgrade and I’ve decided to go for Apple as I have apple phones, airpods and Apple Watch. My chromebook is on its last legs and ideally don’t want another.

I’m really leaning towards Apple iPad Air with keyboard and pen as handy to take notes, diagrams and highlighting, can be written on like a laptop. Easy on the go (will be on public transport there and back) and also have a baby at home so can just close and put away. At home my partner has a desktop computer mainly used for gaming so quick downloads and storage so if I needed a program I can download at home.

But scared the course will say they are useless? And would have to buy something else? Would a MacBook be better?

Anyone got an iPad and regretted it? I hope to get something that will last uni.

Thank you
I’ve always been an Apple person to say the least, started with iPhones and still on them. I also have an ipad and pencil, now for me I don’t use the pencil much so ended up giving it to my sister who enjoys drawing but if your using it for note taking, the difference between iPad and MacBook is preference, obviously the price pays a big difference.

If you enjoy taking notes with pencil and attaching an apple keyboard or any keyboard then go for that as it’s more practical as you can’t use the pencil on a MacBook, but if you are looking to be doing research and say needing tabs open etc you can spilt the screen but not on an iPad, if it was me and I had to money for both I think I would just go for the MacBook as for me it’s just that one little better and has some features the iPad won’t but then the iPad has features the MacBook dosent. It’s personal opinion what you would prefer to use on a daily basis.id also say a MacBook would be better to transport around as you don’t have to transport separate objects and you could always end up buying a drawing pad to add to the MacBook in the future if you really want to doodles Not to sure if this helps your decision but
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Neither. Save yourself some £££ and get a HP for ~£500-700. i7/9 - 9th gen +
Wayz3
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Neither. Save yourself some £££ and get a HP for ~£500-700. i7/9 - 9th gen +
Yep that’s also a good idea, but if they wanna get Apple then respect wishes and let them get Apple in sure they’ve worked hard to be able to afford it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads