The Student Room Group

Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Taekwondo

Welcome to the Tokyo Olympics 2020!

:kungfu: This thread is all about Taekwondo :kungfu:

Taekwondo, the martial art with the pure feet, exists since 2000 as an official competition at the olympic games, so it is the six time in a row that the South Korean sport counts as a discipline. Men and Women are fighting for 24 medals in four different wight classes.

The shedule can be found here: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/taekwondo/olympic-schedule-and-results.htm

Use this thread to discuss about the results, the events in general and have fun! :h:

Besides, @04MR17 and @CheeseIsVeg support me where they can. Thanks in advance!
(edited 2 years ago)
Yay! This is awesome stuff, have you ever wanted to try this sport?
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Yay! This is awesome stuff, have you ever wanted to try this sport?

I really did this sport for a year. What I learnt in this martial arts was a good addition. My recommendation for everyone who practices boxing or kickboxing to add this to make new and precious experiences.
Jade Jones out already :frown:

However, a British man in the final later today :ahee:
Silver for Britain in the men's final today
Jade Jones mentioned the lack of crowds and specifically her parents not being there. I wonder how this is affecting other competitors.
Original post by 04MR17

Is it possible to see her final fight and Taekwondo in a summary on a certain channel? I would love to see the highlights, that is one of the sports I like at Olympia.
Lauren Williams guaranteed a medal as she gets through to the final. :biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
Lauren Williams guaranteed a medal as she gets through to the final. :biggrin:

It is the silver medal: she lost against the Croatian Jelic. But I am surprised, Great Britain is better in Taekwondo than I thought.

Original post by 04MR17

Are you talking about Bradley Sinden? I have seen his fight for gold, he was close to win the final.
Bianca Walkden takes Bronze for Britain :biggrin:
Taekwondo is over for the Olympics in Tokio. Here are the results!

Original post by 04MR17
Bianca Walkden takes Bronze for Britain :biggrin:

Two silver and one bronze medal in total, not bad. Do you agree?
Original post by Kallisto
Taekwondo is over for the Olympics in Tokio. Here are the results!

Two silver and one bronze medal in total, not bad. Do you agree?
I do agree that Britain's Taekwondo has been very strong - and as a sport with a very limited Olympic history we have a good track record of achieving at the highest level. :biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
I do agree that Britain's Taekwondo has been very strong - and as a sport with a very limited Olympic history we have a good track record of achieving at the highest level. :biggrin:

Unfortunately it is already over. The best martial arts at the olympics to see are boxing and taekwondo. Taekwondo needs more weight classes and a better distribution around the competition.

Quick Reply

Latest