Is the Cambridge Law test typed or hand written?

Watch this thread
HBRR12
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am applying to Cambridge and I know that it is traditionally hand-written however due to covid they are online. I don't know if they mean that we write them and send photos or whether we type them like the LNAT.. Did anyone sit the CLT last year? If so please let me know!
CJStevens
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by HBRR12)
I am applying to Cambridge and I know that it is traditionally hand-written however due to covid they are online. I don't know if they mean that we write them and send photos or whether we type them like the LNAT.. Did anyone sit the CLT last year? If so please let me know!
Hey! Youre absolutely correct - the CLT is ordinarily hand written. That being said, after having sat it last year, it was typed. I hope that helps!
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
It's very likely to be typed again this year
HBRR12
Rep:
(Original post by CJStevens)
Hey! Youre absolutely correct - the CLT is ordinarily hand written. That being said, after having sat it last year, it was typed. I hope that helps!
Thank you so much! I think i prefer that way, it much easier to edit i assume? Also, how did you find the CLT?
CJStevens
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Thank you so much! I think i prefer that way, it much easier to edit i assume? Also, how did you find the CLT?
Yeah, it absolutely was much more easier to edit. I also find that I type faster so it gave me an extra 10mins ish to plan (which is absolutely essential).

Overall, I'd say that I actually quite enjoyed the test but that is coming from someone who studied both law and Eng Lit at Alevel and so enjoyed essays anyway. The only thing was that I put in quite a lot of effort to change/adapt my writing style and tone for a uni essay rather than a college essay - that meant producing a much more focussed and in depth introduction, clear line of argument and removing the use of "I" throughout!
HBRR12
Rep:
Yeah, it absolutely was much more easier to edit. I also find that I type faster so it gave me an extra 10mins ish to plan (which is absolutely essential).

Overall, I'd say that I actually quite enjoyed the test but that is coming from someone who studied both law and Eng Lit at Alevel and so enjoyed essays anyway. The only thing was that I put in quite a lot of effort to change/adapt my writing style and tone for a uni essay rather than a college essay - that meant producing a much more focussed and in depth introduction, clear line of argument and removing the use of "I" throughout!
Wow that's great! Did you get an offer from Cambridge? Also, how would you recommend structuring the CLT?I know you have to provide counter arguments but are those separate paragraphs?
Last edited by HBRR12; 9 months ago
CJStevens
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Wow that's great! Did you get an offer from Cambridge? Also, how would you recommend structuring the CLT?I know you have to provide counter arguments but are those separate paragraphs?
I did get an offer, yes. In terms of structure mine was very much:
- strong intro
- 2 points for
- 1 counter argument disproved
- conclusion

If you'd like, you can PM me and I will send over my email address; I could read some of your practise essays and even send over some of my typed practise ones!
annabellekoll
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I did get an offer, yes. In terms of structure mine was very much:
- strong intro
- 2 points for
- 1 counter argument disproved
- conclusion

If you'd like, you can PM me and I will send over my email address; I could read some of your practise essays and even send over some of my typed practise ones!
hey! I'm currently prepping for the CLT-- could you read over an essay of mine or possibly send me a practice paper of yours? I tried PMing you, but it didn't work. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed