Msc Project Management or Msc Engg Project Management in coventry University

Watch this thread
vid444
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am from IT background ( bachelors & work experience). Now I am planning for MSc Project Management. So for me should i go for normal project management or engineering project management. I wish to stay in IT field after my studies. So which course is best for me
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by vid444)
I am from IT background ( bachelors & work experience). Now I am planning for MSc Project Management. So for me should i go for normal project management or engineering project management. I wish to stay in IT field after my studies. So which course is best for me
Have you checked the course content to see which is more IT related? I suspect that the engineering one might be more related to traditional engineering rather than IT - but this is something that is best confirmed with Coventry University.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Hello there, I understand that this is a difficult decision. These two courses appear to be similar in some ways. However, there are some minor differences in the learning modules. For example, for an Engineering Management MSc, you must study financial decision making, engineering project management, global engineering strategy, and so on.

You must study business process integration, project management in practice, strategic Portfolio and Programme Management project organisation and culture, and risk management for the MSc in Project Management course.

The Engineering Management MSc programme is designed to prepare you to be a successful senior manager for engineering firms operating in highly competitive international environments. The Engineering Management MSc can lead to a career in senior management in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, service, and government, as well as start-up companies, in functions such as operations management, logistics and supply chain management, engineering research and development, and project management.

The Project Management MSc course aims to prepare you to become a successful leader in the field of project management upon successful completion of the Project Management MSc, and it currently holds academic accreditation from the Association for Project Management, the chartered body for the project management profession. For more information, please see the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section. This accreditation is intended to provide you with the ability to operate at a level that meets the project management profession's standards and the expertise required in the field.

Kylie Ng
Student Ambassador
Media and Communication
Coventry University
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 9 months ago
vid444
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)
Hello there, I understand that this is a difficult decision. These two courses appear to be similar in some ways. However, there are some minor differences in the learning modules. For example, for an Engineering Management MSc, you must study financial decision making, engineering project management, global engineering strategy, and so on.

You must study business process integration, project management in practice, strategic Portfolio and Programme Management project organisation and culture, and risk management for the MSc in Project Management course.

The Engineering Management MSc programme is designed to prepare you to be a successful senior manager for engineering firms operating in highly competitive international environments. The Engineering Management MSc can lead to a career in senior management in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, service, and government, as well as start-up companies, in functions such as operations management, logistics and supply chain management, engineering research and development, and project management.

The Project Management MSc course aims to prepare you to become a successful leader in the field of project management upon successful completion of the Project Management MSc, and it currently holds academic accreditation from the Association for Project Management, the chartered body for the project management profession. For more information, please see the Accreditation and Professional Recognition section. This accreditation is intended to provide you with the ability to operate at a level that meets the project management profession's standards and the expertise required in the field.

Kylie Ng
Student Ambassador
Media and Communication
Coventry University
Thank you so much Kylie for the detailed explanation. This is going to help me to finalize the course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
16.48%
The paper was reasonable (176)
49.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.58%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
9.78%

Watched Threads