Tryzzia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello!
I applied to study BA social work degree starting in September.
Yesterday I got a message from student finance saying that I am not eligible to get tuition fees in 2021/2022 because of my previous studies. I have never studied here in the UK and didn't get any funding either.
I studied about 8 years ago in my country a BTEC level 4(convalidation in Naric) in Social Integration (which I believe it doesn't exist here in UK).
However, a friend of mine studied the same and she got funding for the whole course so I don't really understand why. Could you please clarify this to me?
And also it would be possible to get tuition fees for the first and second year instead of second and third?
Thank you so much.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tryzzia)
Hello!
I applied to study BA social work degree starting in September.
Yesterday I got a message from student finance saying that I am not eligible to get tuition fees in 2021/2022 because of my previous studies. I have never studied here in the UK and didn't get any funding either.
I studied about 8 years ago in my country a BTEC level 4(convalidation in Naric) in Social Integration (which I believe it doesn't exist here in UK).
However, a friend of mine studied the same and she got funding for the whole course so I don't really understand why. Could you please clarify this to me?
And also it would be possible to get tuition fees for the first and second year instead of second and third?
Thank you so much.
Hi there, a BTEC level 4 is further education and should affect your eligibility to apply for higher education funding. Please make sure you have uploaded/sent us your NARIC certificate to prove it's the same as a BTEC.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed