St. Chads Accommodations - College Accommodation V Private

Watch
raghavhere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey!
I am a PG student for LLM (Law) and have firmed Durham Uni and been allocated St. Chads. I had been allocated college accommodation in St. Chad's main college with catering. Considering there are multiple plus and minus to private accommodations and college accommodations, I am confused about which to confirm. Please suggest.
Any info about Chad's main college accommodation or any suggestions for private accommodation is welcomed!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Main college is the central building, you will be a minute or so from the dining hall and the bar. I never lived in main college, but I expect it would be a louder place to live than private if that bothers you. Location wise in Durham, it is brilliant - only a couple minutes from the town centre and surrounded by other colleges. Main college is right across from Durham cathedral, and the Bailey is definitely the prettiest place in Durham to live.

I never ate much in the dining hall, but by most accounts the food is alright. I never had any issues when I did eat there.

I would say go for the main college accommodation, especially as lots of the good private accommodation will already be taken for next year.
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will never have an opportunity to live in a college community and grounds in your life again, plenty of time to live in private bedssits for the rest of your life. Go for college accommodation and live the Durham dream for a year or so.
raghavhere
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey!
Thank you for the replies! Firmed the main college for accommodation. Sounds like something I would be interested in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed