Lexi_dy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have some questions regarding the visa procedure, if anyone can help please ?
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lexi_dy)
I have some questions regarding the visa procedure, if anyone can help please ?
Hi Lexi_dy,

I'm currently studying a PhD on a student Tier 4 VISA at the University of Southampton.

Although I'm not an expert on the subject, I've done the process. How can I help?

Africa Gomez-Castillo
Lexi_dy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hi Lexi_dy,

I'm currently studying a PhD on a student Tier 4 VISA at the University of Southampton.

Although I'm not an expert on the subject, I've done the process. How can I help?

Africa Gomez-Castillo
Hi! Thanks for answering!
I am currently waiting for my ATAS certificate (I applied a month ago) and I would like to know more about the next step which is, I believe, to apply for the visa through VFS Global. I wonder if we have to take an appointment or directly send everything online? Also did you do an interview? If yes, was it online?

I feel like I am wasting some time while I am waiting for the ATAS, do you think there is something I can do in parallel ?

Thank you in advance
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lexi_dy)
Hi! Thanks for answering!
I am currently waiting for my ATAS certificate (I applied a month ago) and I would like to know more about the next step which is, I believe, to apply for the visa through VFS Global. I wonder if we have to take an appointment or directly send everything online? Also did you do an interview? If yes, was it online?

I feel like I am wasting some time while I am waiting for the ATAS, do you think there is something I can do in parallel ?

Thank you in advance
Hi Lexi,

I applied to my Tier 4 Student VISA from Mexico. I remember I had to do the whole application online, there I had to upload the ATAS certificate amog so many other document. I'm not sure if you could start filling in the application and just wait until you have everything to submit it.

Once that was done, I was given an in person appointment for my documents to be double checked and there was the possibility of an interview with someome from the British Council by videocall but I wasn't selected for that. So once my documents were approved, I only left my passport with VFS so they could stamp the temporary VISA for me to come intro the country. But due to COVID, I'm not sure if they are giving 'in person' appointmets where you are, you'll have to investigate that on the VFS centre you're thinking on applying.

Hope this information helps!

Africa Gomez-Castillo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.87%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.9%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed