The Student Room Group

What is the maximum amount of money can I get out of my bank using an ATM?

What is the maximum amount of money that I can get out of my bank account using an ATM?
thanks
Depends on your bank.
I believe the max in the UK is 500 pounds but will also depend on the bank and the type of account you have

https://www.smallworldfs.com/en/blog/how-much-money-can-i-get-in-cash-from-a-bank-in-uk
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Amin7
What is the maximum amount of money that I can get out of my bank account using an ATM?
thanks

I think it's £200?
Some are £250
Reply 5
Original post by Amin7
thanks

It will depend on your bank's policies, policies for the specific account type you hold, on limits set on your account, perhaps daily limits as well as per-transaction limits. There might also be separate limits imposed by the operator of the cash machine.

It will depend on how much money you have in your account, and whether you have headroom available on an overdraft facility.

I recently received a new debit card, and the cardholder it came with stated that "Your maximum daily cash withdrawal limit is £500.00" -- that doesn't necessarily mean I can withdraw that whole lot in one go, as I might be using an ATM that limits individual transactions to £200.

If in doubt, talk to your bank and find out what the limits are on your access. They should be able to help. (Obviously limits imposed by ATM operators will be outside of your bank's control.) If you need access to more cash than an ATM will allow, your bank should be able to let you know how to do this; perhaps by visiting a branch of your bank with bank card and suitable ID, or they may be able to make arrangements with another bank or the Post Office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending