Restaurants that take cash in london

Watch
Learner777
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there any nice restaurants where I can pay by cash?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Learner777)
Just about everywhere will be happy to take cash off you. Best to give a rough area of London and you price range and foody preferences if you want advice, its a BIG diverse city.
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Just about everywhere will be happy to take cash off you. Best to give a rough area of London and you price range and foody preferences if you want advice, its a BIG diverse city.
The majority of restaurants I see take only online payments it’s very hard to find one which takes cash. I was thinking of Covent Garden
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The majority of restaurants I see take only online payments it’s very hard to find one which takes cash. I was thinking of Covent Garden
Is this card only, or card preferred? I can't see most restaurants turning away customers, especially when they're keener than ever to take customers. Also, online payments? Are you talking about delivery?
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by MatthewAteYou)
Is this card only, or card preferred? I can't see most restaurants turning away customers, especially when they're keener than ever to take customers. Also, online payments? Are you talking about delivery?
No sorry mobile payments so no physical card you have to use your phone.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not heard of anywhere knocking back cash, they might discourage it but if they REFUSE it, well, that puts them in a difficult situation as a business.
MatthewAteYou
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No sorry mobile payments so no physical card you have to use your phone.
Oh, gotcha!

I’d try smaller restaurants rather than chains… chances are a) they’re nicer and b) they won’t be using any of that sort of software.
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by MatthewAteYou)
Oh, gotcha!

I’d try smaller restaurants rather than chains… chances are a) they’re nicer and b) they won’t be using any of that sort of software.
Thank you!
Justvisited
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't think drug dealers could apply for SEISS so I'm surprised you've got much cash left to splurge by now
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking of Covent Garden
Ok, how many people and what sort of foodie preferences ? With your mates out for fun or a quiet dinner with mum n dad ? Covent Garden and the surrounding area is just rammed with places.
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Ok, how many people and what sort of foodie preferences ? With your mates out for fun or a quiet dinner with mum n dad ? Covent Garden and the surrounding area is just rammed with places.
With two friends doesnt matter whether fun or quiet
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justvisited)
Didn't think drug dealers could apply for SEISS so I'm surprised you've got much cash left to splurge by now

I just got money saved over from my bday I’m great at saving money
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some restaurants actually have cash only signs in their window or offer discounts for customers who pay by cash.
There's so much to choose from, pick when you get there. I would suggest having a word with the waiter before getting a table about the payment methods they accept.
Learner777
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Some restaurants actually have cash only signs in their window or offer discounts for customers who pay by cash.
There's so much to choose from, pick when you get there. I would suggest having a word with the waiter before getting a table about the payment methods they accept.
Yeh that’s what I was thinking of. I was just scared of being turned down thank u tho
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeh that’s what I was thinking of. I was just scared of being turned down thank u tho
Restaurants want your money, they don't want to turn customers down unless they have to.
Have more confidence, it will be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads