The Student Room Group

Applying as a enstranged student

I have recently applied to student finance as a enstranged student and have already provided the written document from a person of good standing within the community which would mean I would be classified as a independent student. As it's my first year of applying to student finance I'm unaware of how the system works and how to provide SFE a income assessment which would be my guardians meaning my sister and her partners who I've lived with ever since cutting contact with my mother as I am currently unemployed. I was hoping to receive more information of how I could submit this online to avoid any delays with my application. Thank you.
Original post by Martyna_Czepek18
I have recently applied to student finance as a enstranged student and have already provided the written document from a person of good standing within the community which would mean I would be classified as a independent student. As it's my first year of applying to student finance I'm unaware of how the system works and how to provide SFE a income assessment which would be my guardians meaning my sister and her partners who I've lived with ever since cutting contact with my mother as I am currently unemployed. I was hoping to receive more information of how I could submit this online to avoid any delays with my application. Thank you.

If you’re estranged then your household income is your own unearned income (trust funds, income from investments or rental income from property) plus the income of any spouse or live in partner.
If you’re single and don’t have unearned income then your household income is £0 and you’ll get the maximum loan amount.

SFE will ask for more information if they need it - check your online account every couple of weeks in case they need you to declare that you’re single. Normally your loan will just be reassessed upwards 6-8 weeks after they get all your information and evidence.
Original post by PQ
If you’re estranged then your household income is your own unearned income (trust funds, income from investments or rental income from property) plus the income of any spouse or live in partner.
If you’re single and don’t have unearned income then your household income is £0 and you’ll get the maximum loan amount.

SFE will ask for more information if they need it - check your online account every couple of weeks in case they need you to declare that you’re single. Normally your loan will just be reassessed upwards 6-8 weeks after they get all your information and evidence.

Thank you so much for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending