Music exam tomorrow- very stressed please help lol

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Alright so I have my grade 3 rockschool guitar exam tomorrow and I am so stressed and worried. I've never done a grade exam before akd I have a fear of failure so that's not great, but its not like I don't know what I'm doing because I got a merit when I did a mock with my teacher, I'm just scared I'm going to panic and mess it all up and then everyone is going to be disappointed in me and I don't think I could bring myself to telly teacher I failed yk because I'm doing gcse music and I just need it to go well but I can't help worrying that it won't. Any tips?

Sorry this is really rambly
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Alright so I have my grade 3 rockschool guitar exam tomorrow and I am so stressed and worried. I've never done a grade exam before akd I have a fear of failure so that's not great, but its not like I don't know what I'm doing because I got a merit when I did a mock with my teacher, I'm just scared I'm going to panic and mess it all up and then everyone is going to be disappointed in me and I don't think I could bring myself to telly teacher I failed yk because I'm doing gcse music and I just need it to go well but I can't help worrying that it won't. Any tips?

Sorry this is really rambly
Hi!
I was in the same position a few years ago when I was doing GCSE music and my advice would definitely be to try and stay as calm as possible.
It's inevitable that you will probably make a few mistakes throughout your exam but the key is to not let them faze you. Brush it off and tell yourself that it doesn't matter because it won't help you at all to be stressing about it.
Grade exams seem scary but as long as you practise enough, you know what you're doing, and you tell yourself to keep calm, then you will be absolutely fine!
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help.
Michaela - UoP Rep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!
I was in the same position a few years ago when I was doing GCSE music and my advice would definitely be to try and stay as calm as possible.
It's inevitable that you will probably make a few mistakes throughout your exam but the key is to not let them faze you. Brush it off and tell yourself that it doesn't matter because it won't help you at all to be stressing about it.
Grade exams seem scary but as long as you practise enough, you know what you're doing, and you tell yourself to keep calm, then you will be absolutely fine!
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help.
Michaela - UoP Rep
Hi Michaela, thanks for replying I really appreciate it. My one main thing is tho I don't know how to stay calm like I am so bad at nerves. Luckily my exam is pretty early in the day so I cant sit there and panic all day, but I really just don't do calm
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Michaela, thanks for replying I really appreciate it. My one main thing is tho I don't know how to stay calm like I am so bad at nerves. Luckily my exam is pretty early in the day so I cant sit there and panic all day, but I really just don't do calm
I know it's really cliche but focusing on your breathing is so important. Try to turn negative thinking into positive thinking. So rather than saying "What if I mess up?" say something like "I could mess up, but if I do, I will get through it". Something like that.
I know it can be really hard not to stress about it and to stay calm because it seems like such a scary thing. But at the end of the day, you can retake the exam IF you fail. But even if you mess up, that doesn't mean that you'll fail.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
This may sound strange, but believe that during your exam you'll be calm and you will play everything perfectly. If you believe in yourself, I promise you won't mess up.

Hope that makes sense.
Anonymous #1
It went better than I thought it would, and the bits I hardly ever got right I actually did so tysm guys! Should get my results in about a week 😬 maybe I'll share maybe I won't 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (261)
42.79%
The paper was reasonable (253)
41.48%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.69%
It was TERRIBLE (43)
7.05%

Watched Threads