Dating our lecturer

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My classmate is dating our lecturer who is 20 years older than her. He is marking her work which will go towards her degree classification. They are keeping it secret from the university because they know it’s wrong. It’s freaking me out, what should I do? Should I report them? Or just mind my own business?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
I think you should report it, as he may boost her marks / grade up more compared to the rest
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think you should report it, as he may boost her marks / grade up more compared to the rest
Thank you for your advice, I’m just nervous they will find out it was me who reported them
Hey its me
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You should report it, 100%. I don't know of there is a policy about student/teacher relationships but it might give her an unfair advantage. The least that would happen would be her moving class
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My classmate is dating our lecturer who is 20 years older than her. He is marking her work which will go towards her degree classification. They are keeping it secret from the university because they know it’s wrong. It’s freaking me out, what should I do? Should I report them? Or just mind my own business?
I don't think university lecturers having liasons with their adult students is against the rules persay unless the lecturer doesn't disclose it and it effects marking. Universities use anonymous marking anyway so the marker doesn't know whose work is whose unless you have proof of wrongdoing there in reagrd to bias I'd keep quiet.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Unless you ask for it to be anonmously reported. Does anyone else know about it? Any way it could have been someone else that reported it, not you?
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
I think you should anonymously give them a warning to stop, he could be struck off from this.
Anonymous #1
The lecturer is her dissertation supervisor so he marks her dissertation and he know which one is hers. The university have a strict policy on no dating. I could report it anonymously, however there’s only a few people in the class that know. So she may find out it was me
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
How did you find out? Are you making this up for attention?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YaliaV123)
How did you find out? Are you making this up for attention?
Why would I make it up for attention? 😂 I found out because she’s my friend and she told me, she told our friendship group and shared proof of their relationship
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Why would I make it up for attention? 😂 I found out because she’s my friend and she told me, she told our friendship group and shared proof of their relationship
Your tone is very unpleasant considering she's meant to be your friend.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
She’s my friend but learning this information about her and our lecturer is distressing. I didn’t want to be burdened with this information as it’s strongly against the rules and I’m not supportive of her relationship. I’m concerned about her being taking advantage off as he’s 20 years older than her.
InfiniteWill
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
thats why you never trust anyone.. GTA 5 Story mode told us that.
Iownuk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Other than the age gap being pretty weird, how does this affect you? You can tell the uni if you’re that upset or you can mind your own business, it’s up to you
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
She’s my friend but learning this information about her and our lecturer is distressing. I didn’t want to be burdened with this information as it’s strongly against the rules and I’m not supportive of her relationship. I’m concerned about her being taking advantage off as he’s 20 years older than her.
You are, at best, a busybody
Anonymous #1
I came on the forum to look for advice because I’m extremely stressed about knowing about their relationship. I personally believe hes taking advantage of her, he’s marking her work and it’s strongly against the rules. I also don’t want to get in trouble for concealing their relationship. I came here for advice not judgement. I’m not a bad friend. I’m concerned about her but I’m also very concerned about the moral implications of their relationship.
testedmountains
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you are also stabbing her in the back, you would lose her as a friend and I do not think you actually value her very much by the way you are speaking about all of this. I would never ever turn one of my friends in even if was against the rules. I would warn her what she is doing is risky and if they get caught then that is down to them and not you. you just sound like a jobsworth.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by testedmountains)
you are also stabbing her in the back, you would lose her as a friend and I do not think you actually value her very much by the way you are speaking about all of this. I would never ever turn one of my friends in even if was against the rules. I would warn her what she is doing is risky and if they get caught then that is down to them and not you. you just sound like a jobsworth.
Please when you are giving advice don’t use hurtful language. I came for advice not judgment. I’m extremely distressed about the situation. She’s my friend, I believe he’s taking advantage of her. I ahve spoken to her but she’s doesn’t want to hear it. I’m not stabbing her in the back, I’m worried for her.
Anonymous #1
You are, at best, a busybody
Not sure what that means. But please don’t say hurtful things to people. I’m distressed about this situation because morally I don’t believe it is right. I’m just looking for advice and other perspectives on the situation.
testedmountains
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Please when you are giving advice don’t use hurtful language. I came for advice not judgment. I’m extremely distressed about the situation. She’s my friend, I believe he’s taking advantage of her. I ahve spoken to her but she’s doesn’t want to hear it. I’m not stabbing her in the back, I’m worried for her.
so getting her in serious **** would help her?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
6.19%
Uncertainty around my education (21)
10.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (21)
10.82%
Lack of purpose or motivation (30)
15.46%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (12)
6.19%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.61%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (16)
8.25%
Financial worries (10)
5.15%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
3.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (15)
7.73%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (23)
11.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (15)
7.73%

Watched Threads