Basementfox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have to choose a critical theory to analysis a epic poem and I wanted to give myself a challenge (BIG MISTAKE BESTIES) so I choose the Iliad. I know stupid its a good book tho and I highly recommend but I don't know what theory to use. here are my options
-Ideas about narrative
-Feminist ways of reading
- Literary value and the canon
please help
ManicGoblin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I personally go for either ideas about the narrative, as you could really get stuck into it with theories behind what the events could symbolise and even go as far as they reflect back on Homer?
or Literary value and the canon sumply because I'm not sure how it would relate to feminism (Unless you're comenting on tha amount of female dieties show up and aphrodite sticking her nose in wth Helen and Paris or the women of troy praying to stop diomedes)
if you haven't, I would highly recomend watching Overly Sarcastic's take on the Iliad, especially to help with th narrative theory as it could give insight to how somebody else interprets the narrative and the ideas formed from analysis https://youtu.be/faSrRHw6eZ8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
16.15%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (23)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (28)
17.39%

Watched Threads