The Student Room Group

Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Sailing

Attachment not found

Welcome to the Tokyo Olympics 2020! :biggrin:

~This thread is all about Sailing~

The sport made its Olympic debut in 1900 and, with the exception of 1904, it has appeared at every summer games since. This year's competition will have six classes, four (Laser, RS:X, 470 and 49er) competed by men and women, one (Finn) competed only by men, and the final (Nacra 17) being a mixed event.

The schedule can be found here.

Use this thread to make your predictions about this sport, and discuss the events as they happen. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
That is one of these sports I think that doing it by myself is the way funnier than to watch it in TV. I would love to get sailing practice one day, just to make an experience.
Windsurfing medal guaranteed for Team GB.
We don't yet know what colour it will be though - we shall find out on Saturday.
:king1: :king2: :king3:
The first two decisions are tomorrow!

Original post by 04MR17
Windsurfing medal guaranteed for Team GB.
We don't yet know what colour it will be though - we shall find out on Saturday.
:king1: :king2: :king3:

Are any other nations who are a match for the British, so favorite for the medals too?
What a great success for the German Sailors! one silver and two bronze medal in this sport, that is very nice! :king2::king3::king3:

And even gold twice for the British men, we shouldn't forget to mention it! :king1::king1:

@04MR17 your predictions were right, so you are certainly happy about the success!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
What a great success for the German Sailors! one silver and two bronze medal in this sport, that is very nice! :king2::king3::king3:

And even gold twice for the British men, we shouldn't forget to mention it! :king1::king1:

@04MR17 your predictions were right, so you are certainly happy about the success!
Our British commentators had told us that mathematically we had been guaranteed medals, because 4th place was so far behind.

Sailing has a good history for Britain, with Ben Ainsley, and now to have such good results from the whole Team GB is so excellent. :biggrin:
Original post by 04MR17
Our British commentators had told us that mathematically we had been guaranteed medals, because 4th place was so far behind.

Sailing has a good history for Britain, with Ben Ainsley, and now to have such good results from the whole Team GB is so excellent. :biggrin:

And I even forgot to mention the silver medal the British got in mixed too. Congratulation to Burnet and Gimson! :king2:
Hannah Mills - now the greatest ever female Sailor for GB

Gold for team GB once again :king1:

Quick Reply