The Student Room Group

Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Table Tennis

Attachment not found

Welcome to the Tokyo Olympics 2020! :biggrin:

~This thread is all about Table Tennis~

Table tennis has been an official event at every Summer Olympics since 1988. This year, a total of 172 athletes will compete in five medal events: men's singles, men's team, women's singles, women's team, and mixed doubles.

The schedule can be found here.

Use this thread to make your predictions about these sports, and discuss the events as they happen. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
The Chinese are the top favorite as usual. I bet on that most of the gold medals - and the other ones - go to these table tennis players.
Reply 2
What a great start for Team HK! A 4-0 hammering of Hungary in the mixed doubles!
France awaits in the next round.
(edited 2 years ago)
Otcharov wins the Bronze medal! :king3: Well done! that is more than I expected before the Olympics started.
Reply 4
13-13
Come on Hk!
Reply 5
Germany won match 1
HK took game 1 match 2 in epic comeback from 6-10 down, before losing game 2
Reply 6
HK won game 3 despite almost bottling a 4-0 lead again
Reply 7
HK leading 5-1
Reply 8
HK 3 points from victory
Reply 9
HK won match 2
Reply 10
HK won match 3
Reply 11
HK made another epic comeback from 3-7 down to win game 1 match 4
Reply 12
HK one game from bronze.
Another epic comeback from 2-5 down. She was actually behind for most of the game.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
HK has done it!
First medal in table tennis since 2004!
Ironically, one of the 2004 medalists was the coach of those three who won today. That guy became the first person from HK to win an Olympic medal as both an athlete and a coach.
By the way, I appreciate the mentality of Team HK. Three epic comebacks to win a game.
(edited 2 years ago)
Silver for the German team, I did not really expect that it beats the overwhelming Chinese contestants. Congratulations, that is a great success! :king2:

Quick Reply

Latest