How can a very unattractive person find a date?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should start with building up your self esteem, to a point where you believe that you're at least average looking, and not in any way undateable.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you believe you're very unattractive it's gonna be hard to attract anyone tbh
Phirstman
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Outrageous self confidence, fake it 'til you make it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
You should start with building up your self esteem, to a point where you believe that you're at least average looking, and not in any way undateable.
What if you’ve been told by a lot of people you’re ugly?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's some people's subjective opinion that's worth about as much as the mud on my boot. The opinion that really matters is the one you hold about yourself.
Anonymous #1
That's some people's subjective opinion that's worth about as much as the mud on my boot. The opinion that really matters is the one you hold about yourself.
I think it is possible to be so ugly you’re undateable though. Like if the thought of being intimate with them just makes you want to puke.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it is possible to be so ugly you’re undateable though. Like if the thought of being intimate with them just makes you want to puke.
That would be your subjective opinion and they wpuld be undateable to you doesn't follow that they would be undateable to every other human being.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Not really, you might have very ugly facial features (to be blunt), like a massive crooked nose and tiny squinty eyes but still, you can groom yourself well, stay in healthy shape if not go and workout to have an attractive body (that's in your control), be confident and have your interests, and you come across as just another human being with my things going for them, which can make you attractive. Your facial features are not everything.
Anonymous #1
That would be your subjective opinion and they wpuld be undateable to you doesn't follow that they would be undateable to every other human being.
There are patterns. It’s obvious that there are some people who are almost universally attractive and almost universally unattractive.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are patterns. It’s obvious that there are some people who are almost universally attractive and almost universally unattractive.
That's almost not completely and even that's a contentious statement. Do you really think the views of 5 or so people who called you ugly are representative of the views of 30 million men or 30 million women? Doesn't make sense.
Anonymous #1
That's almost not completely and even that's a contentious statement. Do you really think the views of 5 or so people who called you ugly are representative of the views of 30 million men or 30 million women? Doesn't make sense.
Why is it a contentious statement. It’s an observation which anyone can make. E.g. a high proportion of people find Brad Pitt attractive. You can’t really deny that.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why is it a contentious statement. It’s an observation which anyone can make. E.g. a high proportion of people find Brad Pitt attractive. You can’t really deny that.
Because I think declaring someone to be almost universally unattractive is a bit much. Anyway this converation's going nowhere, so I shall take my leave, good evening.
Anonymous #1
Because I think declaring someone to be almost universally unattractive is a bit much. Anyway this converation's going nowhere, so I shall take my leave, good evening.
It doesn’t matter if someone thinks it’s a bit much. A fact is a fact.
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Isn't it obvious? By becoming attractive.
Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most people prefer personality over looks for real, so try engage with them and hook them in with your personality and make sure your confident even if your not feeling great, REMEMBER no one is ugly, I repeat no one is ugly, everyone has difference preferences, one may see someone as beautiful and one may see them as completely unattractive, it all depends on the persons type
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Self confidence and self-esteem is the most important thing
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ha haa same! Just straight up been told by complete strangers!
I think it didn't bother me because I don't care for dating or attracting others. Try finding other priorities
Anonymous #1
Do women generally know why a guy gets rejected all the time and how he can fix it? If she knows him well.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do women generally know why a guy gets rejected all the time and how he can fix it? If she knows him well.
Yes and no, every person is different and sees different things in you so they can't tell you why a certain person rejects you, only they can (although it's weird to ask), they can however suggest general areas that might help if improved, e.g. haircut, fashion, hygiene, body language.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.8%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.46%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.71%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads