What’s working at Amazon like?

Watch
samjohnson01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know what working at Amazon is like?
I’ve heard it can be hell because they don’t let you sit down ect, usual reasons. I’m looking for a decent job to fill my time with.
Just wanting to know if it’s flexible, what the work itself is like, if it’s good money (I’ve heard it is).
(Mainly looking at warehouse operative and picker roles)
If anyone could tell me I’d appreciate it, thanks
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, it's that, hell. But tbh it's somewhat similar to most retail assistant roles and workload. Althought I'd sat there are lots of other better jobs than that, and you'd probably enjoy them more.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Horrible by all accounts, avoid if you can.
Presslyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dunno, ask my friends dad haha
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's quite awful. Take literally any other job you can find.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was talking to this woman the other day who said she worked in amazon before and loved it

but tbh i've heard far too many horror stories of staff being treated like robots etc for me to be convinced that amazon is a good job.

only take a job at amazon if you are literally about to be made homeless and there is no other solution..
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
awful apparently. on your feet all day, no breaks, no toilet breaks
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've done warehouse work before and it was bad. It messed my feet up standing nearly still in steel toe caps for 12 hours with the bare minimum of breaks, kept getting shooting pains up my legs which would make me feel sick so i had to keep going to the bathroom and then i struggled to hit the ridiculous targets (and if you're away from your station too long they know, there are cameras everywhere and they monitor your equipment to make sure you're using it). Took me months to get back right again afterwards. And then there was the mental effect, being stuck in the same place doing the same repetitive task for 12 hours, in the noisy environment of the warehouse with the radio super loud blaring the same maybe 2 dozen pop songs throughout the shift. It's like i couldn't get that noise and those terrible songs out of my head afterwards.

So yeah warehouse works suck. If you have the mental and physical resilience to do very repetitive tasks and stand for a long shift you might be ok, but i'd advise you just go into retail, bar or a restaurant (which can also suck but still better than warehouse, and i think work where you get to interact with people and do different tasks is much more valuable on a cv than just picking / boxing orders).
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lucyyy12)
awful apparently. on your feet all day, no breaks, no toilet breaks
This isn't true. Amazon is legally required to (and do) give you breaks (provided you work >6hr shifts), and they also give you toilet breaks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (11)
7.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (25)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.33%

Watched Threads