When I study I get *really* depressed

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(First of all, sorry for my poor English. It isn't my first language.)
Well then, this isn't something that popped up recently, I have been suffering from this since my childhood, but in a minor scale. Always that I need to study, I start crying and get really depressed (I take sertraline but it doesn't get better, so it may be a sequel of depression?). Even the simple fact of knowing that in the next days I'm gonna need to study makes me depressed.
I need to study for a math exam, but I really don't remember nor understand nothing, when I try to think my mind simply stops working and it goes blank.
What do you think?
Last edited by Interrobang; 9 months ago
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Maybe try other ways to revise that are more 'interesting' if you can, like find a way that makes it feel less like hard-core revision, whether this is by using a different revision method, studying somewhere else like outside or with a friend etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads