Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I finished my second year and I got 65% overall which is a 2.1. For my final year I have to get 75% overall to get a first. I have one C- now in one of my modules and I don't know if I should resit it to up my percentage or just focus harder on getting 75% next year.
gamergirl46
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I finished my second year and I got 65% overall which is a 2.1. For my final year I have to get 75% overall to get a first. I have one C- now in one of my modules and I don't know if I should resit it to up my percentage or just focus harder on getting 75% next year.
I would just say just do your best you can as a whole, but a 2:1 is still better to aim for than a 1st. If the test score really bothers you and think you can achieve better then go for it. Good luck with your studies!
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can’t just ask for a re-sit, that’s usually only possible if you have failed an assessment and then only for a capped pass mark, or if you have well documented mitigating circumstances that clearly impacted your 1st attempt.
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

It's great that you're taking a proactive approach to thinking about how you can achieve your desired grade. It's important to find out how your university grades your work overall. For example, it may be that your third year is worth 70% of your final grade, and your second year only counts towards 30% of your grade. In this example, you wouldn't need to get 75 to bring your average up to 70, it would be slightly less. It's worth checking with your university to find these details out, that way you can be sure.

In terms of whether to re-sit or not, it's important to factor in the additional cost, and the importance of the degree grading for your industry. Does the cost outweigh the benefit of getting a first over a 2:2? For some industries, it's more important than others so it's worth thinking about this.
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursorointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursorointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

Hope this helps,
James - Student Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed